Why don't Momentum just form their own party and invite Corbyn to be their leader ?
Jeremy Corbyn wants unity but it will have to be on his terms. Ripe coming from the man who destroyed the unity in the first place. The MPs, a majority of whom have no confidence in him, are the people who represent their constitutencies and do all the official nitty gritty so far as Parliament is concerned and who JC has to work with and should support. He preferred not to respect their wishes and resign, but instead said that if he did it wouldn't be fair to his supporters, a rabble of Trots, SWP and Commies who have already shown their dark side by way of threats, bullying and trolling of people who don;t agree with them.
I realize you've apologized to
Arglwydd Golau, but I would suggest that on a wider level the bolded comment is not accurate, and is deeply unfair to most Corbyn supporters.
I'm not a Corbyn supporter - but I've spoken and discussed the issues with quite a few Labour members who are. From those interactions, it's very clear to me that, on the whole, most of those who support him are motivated by a desire for a better society, and a belief that Corbyn is the only plausible leader likely to deliver on things like an alternative to austerity economics. There is amongst his supporters a deep distrust of many moderates, which seems to derive from a feeling that the Blair Government was too right wing and missed the opportunity to create a fairer, kinder, society. There also seems to be a strong sense that Corbyn is much more honest and genuine then most politicians, and some anger at the perception that MPs didn't give him a chance to prove himself.
Personally, I don't particularly agree with most of those sentiments - I think Corbyn supporters are on the whole mistaken in several regards. But what I've given does seem to be the motivation for much of the 300K+ votes that Corbyn got in the leadership contest. Most of those people are very definitely not '
Trots, SWP and Commies', and to my mind it is rather insulting to say they are. Doubtless that's the picture some of the media present, but if so, from my experience, I'd be very certain that it is not correct. Of course there will be a
minority of Corbyn supporters who do meet that description, but I don't see any reason to believe it's other than a small minority.
Ditto the issue of threats, bullying and trolling. It's absolutely awful when it happens, and personally I feel somewhat dismayed that Corbyn hasn't done more to stamp that out (I suspect that he hasn't done more is due mainly to lack of leadership abilities rather than lack of desire). However, again, the people doing this are a almost certainly a minority, and from my experience I feel very certain that it's not fair or accurate to tar most Corbyn supporters with that brush.