I'm planning a trip to Venice.
10 years ago 4 of us went & we used the sleeper from Paris.
I'm going on my own this time & want to look at the scenery so will use daytime trains through Switzerland (as we were asleep during the scenic parts of that journey!
We came back on the Milan-Paris TGV last time so will go through Switerland this time but not yet decided which route to use.
my 3 options are:
1. TGV to Zurich. stay overnight then to Milan & Venice (with possible 4 hr stop to look at Milan cathedral etc)
2. as above stay in Zurich but next day use the 08:40 to Innsbruck & 13:17 from there to Venice - I think this route goes through 2 scecnic passes ?
3. Use Paris-Munich sleeper (which I think is better than the Paris-Vencie one for comfort) then the 11:27 to Venice.
Which would be the better journey in terms of trains used/scenery? Many thanks
10 years ago 4 of us went & we used the sleeper from Paris.
I'm going on my own this time & want to look at the scenery so will use daytime trains through Switzerland (as we were asleep during the scenic parts of that journey!
We came back on the Milan-Paris TGV last time so will go through Switerland this time but not yet decided which route to use.
my 3 options are:
1. TGV to Zurich. stay overnight then to Milan & Venice (with possible 4 hr stop to look at Milan cathedral etc)
2. as above stay in Zurich but next day use the 08:40 to Innsbruck & 13:17 from there to Venice - I think this route goes through 2 scecnic passes ?
3. Use Paris-Munich sleeper (which I think is better than the Paris-Vencie one for comfort) then the 11:27 to Venice.
Which would be the better journey in terms of trains used/scenery? Many thanks