- Joined
- 13 Dec 2018
- Messages
- 4,584
I agree, sure I've got a photo taken inside one (went through all my photos during lockdown) and 100% sure it has that moquette.I'm pretty sure the Clactons had that seat moquette.
I agree, sure I've got a photo taken inside one (went through all my photos during lockdown) and 100% sure it has that moquette.I'm pretty sure the Clactons had that seat moquette.
Yes thats right, infact 302's, 305's, 307's and 308's only received NSE livery if they were refurbished. Apart from the Ilford sandite unit - https://www.departmentals.com/photo/977601-1You can tell that's a refurbished 302, though, because the head code panel is plated over. I've just done an image search for 302s, and can't find any photos of unrefurbished ones in NSE livery.
Yes indeed, with the brown version in first class. Still on the seat cushions in The Station pub in Wivenhoe!I'm pretty sure the Clactons had that seat moquette.
You still can sit on it. There are a number of coaches on preserved railways and at least one with West Coast Railways with this upholstory.'Donkey Stripe' moquette is a new one for me, although I must have sat on it at some point. Has anyone a picture showing what it was like?
In a similar vein, there was a different 'Blue Blaze' moquette for low backed seats (with purple flecks) from that used in high back seats (with light blue flecks).It's interesting that the three versions of the 'Donkey Stripe' moquette (blue, brown and green) got produced and used but only one of three corresponding London & South Eastern liveries was every applied - the Express 'Jaffa Cake' livery. There was to be an outer suburban livery and an inner suburban livery. One was to be blue based and the other green. Had it been more widely adopted before Chris Green arrived and relaunched the sector as NSE (complete with the 'Toothpaste' livery) then people wouldn't have found it so strange that South West Trains had an Express, Outer Suburban and Inner Suburban livery.
56031, 56036 and 56049 allocated to sector code NKJM ((Infrastructure - Meldon Quarry) at Stewarts Lane in the livery of the civil engineer according to the 1993 Platform 5 booklet following the OfQ reorganisation. Looks like there were some class 31s as well. None of the 31s or 56s got NSE livery.I’ve got one (possibly).
Did NSE have a couple of 56s on their books for a brief time in the 90s for infrastructure work?
Please tell me I’m not going mad...
Thanks for that. I didn’t realise they had some 31s allocated either.56031, 56036 and 56049 allocated to sector code NKJM ((Infrastructure - Meldon Quarry) at Stewarts Lane in the livery of the civil engineer according to the 1993 Platform 5 booklet following the OfQ reorganisation. Looks like there were some class 31s as well. None of the 31s or 56s got NSE livery.