60163
Member
And/or which are the rarer classes? I've never seen or read anything about a 9F, for one. Go!
"Evening Star" has worked on the main line in the past, plenty of photos of it working tours on the internet.I've never seen or read anything about a 9F, for one. Go!
There's two* Pannier tanks presently registered to work on the main line. They have recently worked at least one tour of their own, and are also used as banking engines up the Lickey for other main line tours. They're based at Tyseley.Lots of little locos aren't main-line, due to the fact that they're not powerful enough to haul the trains that are required to make their owners/operators a profit. For example, although I couldn't confirm this, I imagine jinties, pannier tanks, 14xx's, etc will not have, and are unlikely to, work on the mainline.
EM1, EM2, ES1.... for obvious reasons...
Its work for GNER would count as being "in preservation", surely?
Exactly what does count as "in preservation" anyway? Some locos have been decommissioned and sold to preservationists only to later be purchased by a "mainline" company and reinstated. A number of cl20s have been through this for instance...
EM1, EM2, ES1.... for obvious reasons...
Class 58??
90, 91, 92. 66, 67.
Never worked in preservation full stop![]()
Class 15 & 28
The remaining one of each class under long term restoration projects by the Class 15 Preservation Society.
http://www.d8233.org.uk/
That's just a cop out answer. Although it'll happen one day. I'd like to see the 89 working a mainline tour one day, as I've never seen it working.
What about the APT? That'd be a sight to behold! I guess the apt-e would be more likely than the 370, but I don't think either is very likely.
Its work for GNER would count as being "in preservation", surely?
Exactly what does count as "in preservation" anyway? Some locos have been decommissioned and sold to preservationists only to later be purchased by a "mainline" company and reinstated. A number of cl20s have been through this for instance...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 03179's return to the mainline another example? (Bought by WAGN from the Isle of Wight)
I know there are 2 power cars and the semi unit at crew so if they bonded together and with a lot of time money and effort maybe
Class 71
