• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wheelchair passenger not allowed to board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Agreed - this thread seems to be descending into insult tonyaryan which whilst perhaps understandable, is also not really very helpful as it only gives him more ammo.

Well said - moderator hat on here, can we cut out this sort of stuff please. The forum rules do state that members should be respectul of each other.
 

Chew Chew

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
519
*tickets are non-refundable

That's what the ticket office at my local main station told me when I was trying to get home on Thursday after I missed my train by 30 seconds and had a 5 hour wait for the next one and asked for a refund so I could get the bus instead. :cry:
 

sidmouth

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
197
Location
Peterborough
I note tonyaryan has been 'flaming' elsewhre on DS......

http://www.digitalspy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=43085480

:roll::lol:

His post 41 reads very similar to the early ds post re the wheelchair saying that he tried to contact northern rail on a Sunday, and asking what should he do. In this instance he's upsetting the neighbours with his outside incinerator. These post uncover his true nature as an attention seeker (trouble maker). Hope national press also cotton on. Demonstrates his wheelchair posts re accusation of disability discrimination is purely a way of provoking reaction so as to occupy his small mind. Obviously not bothered in the upset he causes; guard suspended / neighbours upset.
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
That's what the ticket office at my local main station told me when I was trying to get home on Thursday after I missed my train by 30 seconds and had a 5 hour wait for the next one and asked for a refund so I could get the bus instead. :cry:

where's that?
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Aberdeen to Portlethen.

There is a train at 1207 then the next is at 1716.

I only wanted the money back cause I'm a skinflint and didn't want to shell out more of my own for the bus! :lol::lol:

It'd have been quicket to walk and cheaper than the bus too! :D
 

bnm

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2009
Messages
4,992
Agreed - this thread seems to be descending into insult tonyaryan which whilst perhaps understandable, is also not really very helpful as it only gives him more ammo.

You're right about not giving him more ammo - he'll only continue to shoot himself in the foot with it.
 

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,514
I think we should cease fire for the moment I have at least 5 e-mails on various media outlets directing them to this thread and the DS one to see the mistruths and latterly the insults, lets not stoop to the level or bait him even if it'll seem fun
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Back on topic, properly this time, does anyone know anywhere planned for disabled access under this Access for All thing :D
 

tonyaran

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
93
Thank you all for your concern. I have decided to refrain from posting in this thread - and on other forums in relation to this topic - until the results of the investigation. An investigation which hopefully will finally bring an end to all the attacks against me.
 

CarterUSM

Established Member
Joined
4 Jan 2010
Messages
2,495
Location
North Britain
My word, what a lot of posts, and not really any further forward either! I really cannot wait for the other sides view(if we get to hear it), not to mention the outcome of it all. What a load of dirty washing it has been so far, in my opinion.
 

Zoidberg

Established Member
Joined
27 Aug 2010
Messages
1,270
Location
West Midlands
My word, what a lot of posts, and not really any further forward either! I really cannot wait for the other sides view(if we get to hear it), not to mention the outcome of it all. What a load of dirty washing it has been so far, in my opinion.

Tonya Ryan has just called a halt to her postings.
 

CarterUSM

Established Member
Joined
4 Jan 2010
Messages
2,495
Location
North Britain
Thank you all for your concern. I have decided to refrain from posting in this thread - and on other forums in relation to this topic - until the results of the investigation. An investigation which hopefully will finally bring an end to all the attacks against me.



That is a sensible course of action tonyaryan, though my humble opinion is that you should have done that quite some time ago, though time itself shall tell.
 

devon_metro

Established Member
Joined
11 Oct 2005
Messages
7,714
Location
London
Thank you all for your concern. I have decided to refrain from posting in this thread - and on other forums in relation to this topic - until the results of the investigation. An investigation which hopefully will finally bring an end to all the attacks against me.

Perhaps in future it would be adviseable to follow the above course of action before running off crying to the Daily Wail etc.
 

Skimble19

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2009
Messages
1,508
Location
London
Cause an end? Mate, you're practically in Australia with the hole you've dug yourself... good luck getting out of this one..!
 

Choo Choo

New Member
Joined
30 Aug 2010
Messages
3
Cause an end? Mate, you're practically in Australia with the hole you've dug yourself... good luck getting out of this one..!

It's amazing how he contradicts himself all the time, his story changes all the time, i've been following the thread on digitalspy.
 

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
Thank you all for your concern. I have decided to refrain from posting in this thread - and on other forums in relation to this topic - until the results of the investigation. An investigation which hopefully will finally bring an end to all the attacks against me.
Well hopefully you have now realised you can't just wave the "disability discrimination" flag and have everybody fall in unthinkingly behind you when it's a simple case of you throwing your toys about because you can't get your own way.

It's a pity you are not so concerned about attacks on the rail staff who got caught up in your little tantrum - that's who I feel sorry for.

As I've said before and stand by, just because someone is in a wheelchair doesn't mean they can't be an arrogant evil-minded selfish little troublemaker.
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
Fair comment. I have now made up my mind on what I believe has happened. I trust that there will be as much publicity when Northern reveals its findings as there has been over the past week.
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,308
Fair comment. I have now made up my mind on what I believe has happened. I trust that there will be as much publicity when Northern reveals its findings as there has been over the past week.

Unfortunately there won't be. Past experience suggests the media will only very rarely give any prominence at all to a correction or a retraction - bottom inside corner of about page 12 is the likely place, in a very small font...

Even if it was on the front page it would be given an inch or two in the corner, overwhelmed by whatever today's new rant turned out to be...
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,941
Location
UK
But we will know. What the media will do is quickly sweep the story under the carpet. The stories online will be removed and nobody will remember what the guard looked like - so in the future, I think the guard will be able to get his life back.

Likewise, 'Tony' will also be forgotten about - except by railway staff and the guard of course. I'd hope that staff wouldn't be silly enough to deliberately discriminate against him over this, but I'd understand why they might.
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
Unfortunately there won't be. Past experience suggests the media will only very rarely give any prominence at all to a correction or a retraction - bottom inside corner of about page 12 is the likely place, in a very small font...

Even if it was on the front page it would be given an inch or two in the corner, overwhelmed by whatever today's new rant turned out to be...

Yes, it was a rehetorical question. Unfortunately, the media, and the gutter press in particular, lose interest in a story very quickly, particulalry if a juicier one comes along.

But we will know. What the media will do is quickly sweep the story under the carpet. The stories online will be removed and nobody will remember what the guard looked like - so in the future, I think the guard will be able to get his life back.

Likewise, 'Tony' will also be forgotten about - except by railway staff and the guard of course. I'd hope that staff wouldn't be silly enough to deliberately discriminate against him over this, but I'd understand why they might.

I do hope the guard is able to get on with his life, and not be too damaged by the whole affair. I am sure there are valuable lessons to be learnt on both sides on how to deal with heated situations.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top