• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wheelchair passenger not allowed to board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,514
Oh and by the way I post on several other railway forums as well do you want to ask them who I am
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jimrbrobinson

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2010
Messages
257
Location
Astley, Tyldesley, Lancashire
If you are so adamantthat I did not alight it, then prove it.

The proof is in the public domain as the Class 142 is equipped with a two-part ramp which is incompatible with the platform in question at Guide Bridge. It is physical impossibility as has been shown both here and on the DS forum. I cannot change the laws of physics and neither can you. If you are so adamant that you have used this type of ramp of Guide Bridge Station off a 142 Class train travelling from Manchester Piccadilly then you prove that you have the capacity to do the impossible.
 

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,514
I'm 26 years old that is correct only just turned 26 but I'd love to see my family tree
 

Username

Member
Joined
16 Feb 2010
Messages
67
I dot deny using it. A guard tried putting the two ramp down but could not find out how to best do it.

Elucidate please, if you will, as I for one am confused.

What type of ramp(s) are you referring to when you say "the two ramp"?
How did he try to deploy it/them?
What was the nature of the problem when you say he "could not find out how to best do it"?
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
Please refrain from callimg me a liar.

No, I will not. You told numerous lies on Digital Spy. One that springs to mind is that you said you got a Transpennine Express train from Guide Bridge recently. When you were told you were wrong you refused to back down.

Transpennine Express do not call at Guide Bridge. Ergo, you are a liar, because you did not admit that you could have been mistaken.
 

tonyaran

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
93
Elucidate please, if you will, as I for one am confused.

What type of ramp(s) are you referring to when you say "the two ramp"?
How did he try to deploy it/them?
What was the nature of the problem when you say he "could not find out how to best do it"?

He tried putting the shorter ramp between the top of the first step and the second. And then the longer one on the second step to the floor. The first ramp was too steep hence getting down it would be dangerous.
 

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2008
Messages
5,754
Location
Essex
I will not answer any questions put by you. I have just found out that you are the guard's eldest son.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Sorry, I think I just wet myself reading that!!

Jonmorris was being sarcastic to another poster when he said the guard was his father!
 

tonyaran

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
93
he is a well resepected poster, something you are the polar opposite of

90% of his posts have been in this thread and within 24 hours and you call him a well respected poster. Gets your own facts straight before jumping to someone's help.
 

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2008
Messages
5,754
Location
Essex
I have to say, it's admirable that tonyaryan is continuing to post, but if he digs a hole any deeper for himself, Chile'll be asking if he can come over to get those miners out!
 

Hobbit Feet

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
21
People start to get somewhere (I think in due course, the OP may have 'fessed up' and started to tell the truth for once) and then the trolls stir to the point that they can create totally off-topic things (dictionary definitions, what booze they're enjoying, slagging off posters and goading them to say something nasty to them etc) that give them the ability to report the thread to the moderators who - don't have time to read the whole thead - and just close it as non-constructive.


I wonder if a spin-off thread will be created in Chatter, as this often happens with the hope that the mods won't notice - but they do once the trolls find it and start the stirring up again. How many forums can any of us say we've been on where individual members that aren't getting their way suggest it's time to lock the thread. What's the ****ing point in having a discussion forum then?!

That's twice in one post that you have called me a troll.

Sometimes just sometimes a thread starts to get vindictive and personal, so in those circumstances I attempt to diffuse the situation, just so we can all sit back and realise we are arguing the issue and it's not personal attacks.

If the situation hadn't been diffused several times it was leading to a premature closure (you yourself admit getting personal).

I have during the thread pushed Tonyaryan on many occasions to try to get relevant answers, I am also guilty of trying to lighten the thread up.

I will strongly debate my point of view but I can still have a joke/banter with the people I am opposing.

You know my stance on this situation, I thoroughly believe that the whole situation has been about personal agenda and not discrimination from the start - please don't tar me with the troll brush.

I also like to think that I have been thoroughly educated and know more about trains than I ever imagined possible :)
 

NRWUser

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
7
Sorry to create a new user just to ask a question!

tonyaryan:

"I dot deny using it. A guard tried putting the two ramp down but could not find out how to best do it."

"He tried putting the shorter ramp between the top of the first step and the second. And then the longer one on the second step to the floor. The first ramp was too steep hence getting down it would be dangerous."

Could you possibly tell us more about this? When did it happen, at what station? I'm a little baffled as to why you've never revealed this information before, even when asked if you've had problems using the ramps in the past? This could have been the very reason why the guard was unable to help you last Saturday and may refer to the "but last time" comment he made to you.

Did you reach Guide Bridge, try to get off but the ramp was too steep and this caused you to almost have an accident? You might aswell tell us if that is the case.
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
90% of his posts have been in this thread and within 24 hours and you call him a well respected poster. Gets your own facts straight before jumping to someone's help.

yes, but he types sense, doesnt make up pure rubbish, and sounds like at top bloke, once more my friend, you are the polar opposite
 

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,514
Sorry to bring this to the gutter guys but he decided to get personal with me and decided to spread some mistruths about me being a close friend or relation to the guard involved, funnily enough I know no Piccadilly guards, I want to know your sources or I shall be taking legal advice. You have not been able to tell us on here a straight story from thestart and then when your caught out you turn it personal and play the discrimination / you must be family remark
 

Anvil1984

Established Member
Joined
28 Aug 2010
Messages
1,514
Ah now I get it lol, basic maths not the brains I thought you might have been, nope I'm not the guards eldest son
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
And I am telling you he is the guard's eldest son and he is using his middle name Anvil.

If that was to be true, why would you be digging up information like that? It is pretty sick in my opinion.
 

tonyaran

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
93
Sorry to create a new user just to ask a question!

tonyaryan:

"I dot deny using it. A guard tried putting the two ramp down but could not find out how to best do it."

"He tried putting the shorter ramp between the top of the first step and the second. And then the longer one on the second step to the floor. The first ramp was too steep hence getting down it would be dangerous."

Could you possibly tell us more about this? When did it happen, at what station? I'm a little baffled as to why you've never revealed this information before, even when asked if you've had problems using the ramps in the past? This could have been the very reason why the guard was unable to help you last Saturday and may refer to the "but last time" comment he made to you.

Did you reach Guide Bridge, try to get off but the ramp was too steep and this caused you to almost have an accident? You might aswell tell us if that is the case.

I have revealed this information before on DS. Troll your way through it. This was when getting out at Guide Bridge. Hist 'but last time' must be a reference to someone else, not me. And your last paragraph is incorrect.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top