• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's happened to Retro Railtours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4SRKT

Established Member
Joined
9 Jan 2009
Messages
4,409
I'm not going to start dragging out an argument over spelling. The fact is, when somebody makes a spelling mistake 99% of the time we all know what was meant to be said.

We're not applying for jobs on this site (unless I've missed something) or in English class, this is a forum where hobbyists and whoever else wants to discuss all things trains, if people want to sit by and wait to jump on somebody for making a spelling mistake, then I'm glad they have the time to do so.

But, in reality there's no need for nit picking. On a humorous note, we could always start a poll to see who does care about spelling.


Well, I care about spelling, but don't feel the need to jump on other people's mistakes.

I can't do this tour because it's only a week after another tour I'm on, and my wife is coming back from Ireland late on the day before, so will be disgruntled if I disappear :( Luckily, Spitfire are running to the Cross two weeks later with 55022, so I'll be on that instead!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,471
Location
Yorkshire
A further discount may be available for people who book with the forum group, it depends on how many we get! Please send me a PM if interested. As on previous occasions some complimentary snacks will hopefully be provided for anyone booking with the forum group (apart from the last one where I didn't have time in Carlisle to get anything as we realised the tour was due in shortly after finishing our meal!). I'm sure there will be an option to climb Arthur's Seat, and a meal when we're in Edinburgh, where there should hopefully be a 4+ hour break. Should be good!

I hope lots of people on here support James and the team, it's a lot of hard work and effort to run a tour like this, and when James first joined this forum at the age of 15 I bet no-one thought he'd be running tours just a few years later!
 

metrocammel

Verified Rep - Retro Railtours
Joined
11 Aug 2005
Messages
954
Indeed, i just booked on it :D

Yes, you have the honour of being the first person to book online for this tour!

Some people just have all the luck eh ;)

It's hard graft over luck! I can't, and won't take all the credit for Retro, but it's very much a family-business and I suppose a 'labour of love' - and as long as we enjoy running them (and of course are viable to run), they'll continue!
 

alex57601

Member
Joined
24 Feb 2008
Messages
269
It's hard graft over luck! I can't, and won't take all the credit for Retro, but it's very much a family-business and I suppose a 'labour of love' - and as long as we enjoy running them (and of course are viable to run), they'll continue!

Right attitude!

Unfortunately I cannot be on this one, but I wish you the best of luck with this one and hope everything runs to plan! :)
 

37401

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2008
Messages
3,276
Location
Birmingham
Yes, you have the honour of being the first person to book online for this tour!



It's hard graft over luck! I can't, and won't take all the credit for Retro, but it's very much a family-business and I suppose a 'labour of love' - and as long as we enjoy running them (and of course are viable to run), they'll continue!

Good stuff, you may well have a booking off me once ive worked out times for getting there and back
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,471
Location
Yorkshire
Good stuff, you may well have a booking off me once ive worked out times for getting there and back
We won't have confirmed timings until a week or two before the tour as that's the way Network Rail work, but you can definitely get back to BHM. At the worst case scenario there's the 2032 and 2044 services from York. We should be in York hours before that, so even if we suffer major delays, you can get back on those.
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
We won't have confirmed timings until a week or two before the tour as that's the way Network Rail work, but you can definitely get back to BHM. At the worst case scenario there's the 2032 and 2044 services from York. We should be in York hours before that, so even if we suffer major delays, you can get back on those.

What guarantee is there that the tour will stop at York or have the doors released? (I'm assuming James hasn't paid for station access given that it hasn't been advertised.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top