Hi All,
I remember getting an express (it may even have been called an InterCity) train from Southampton Parkway to London Waterloo in 1993, which stopped only at Basingstoke, and was really pretty fast.
I know this route is now run by 450s and 444, but I can't for the life of me think what sort of train it would have been back then. I'm sure it was an EMU, and an image of a Networker comes to mind, but I don't remember any odd GTO inverter noises.
i do remember thinking at the time that it was quite modern, though not brand new.
Can anyone shed any light on it?
Thanks
Jon
I remember getting an express (it may even have been called an InterCity) train from Southampton Parkway to London Waterloo in 1993, which stopped only at Basingstoke, and was really pretty fast.
I know this route is now run by 450s and 444, but I can't for the life of me think what sort of train it would have been back then. I'm sure it was an EMU, and an image of a Networker comes to mind, but I don't remember any odd GTO inverter noises.
i do remember thinking at the time that it was quite modern, though not brand new.
Can anyone shed any light on it?
Thanks
Jon
almost back to an Intercity style