RedPostJunc
Member
Moderator note: Split from
Modern fare dodgers hunted down by rail bosses
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/04/22/train-fare-dodgers-digital-footprint-fraud-prosecutions/ ...Northern has warned fare dodgers they are leaving a “trail of digital breadcrumbs” that is seeing them prosecute around 1,000 fraudsters every month. The company has established a Digital...
www.railforums.co.uk
What are you supposed to do when you turn up at a station where there is no ticket office (or it is closed) and the only machine is out of order? It happened to me once and I took a photo of the machine, which I showed to the barrier staff when I reached my destination. They quite happily issued me with a ticket. However, this was a normal employeee, not an RPO. I'm not convinced that RPOs would have handled things the same way.The Comments section which accompanied that article showed that many passengers thought that they could always pay on board. I know that the position is confusing - e.g. penalty fare areas, compulsory ticket areas, no ticket machines etc, but clearly the general public do not always realise that you should have a ticket before you board unless you don't have to.![]()
Last edited by a moderator:
