tonylast
New Member
Morning all...my commute to the office is a simple one change effort, Westgate-on-Sea through to London Bridge or London Victoria and a switch onto a service back out to East Croydon. I had a couple of months not travelling due to personal reasons, and having just started again I've spotted that my options have changed - having previously purchased a ticket that covered WGA <> London Travelcard Zones 1-6 that's no longer an option, with a WGA <> East Croydon or West Croydon (NOT HS1 NOT UND) as a replacement.
However, a new option has entered my search results, WGA > London Travelcard Zones 5-6 which is 25%ish cheaper...am I right in assuming that this isn't something I could take advantage of with my usual London Bridge/Victoria switch and would instead require a change onto local services at a station such as Bromley South to get round to East Croydon? It'd be handy if I could save myself a bit of cash, but these things are never that simple and I definitely don't want to fall foul of fare policy!
Image (hopefully!) attached for context...
However, a new option has entered my search results, WGA > London Travelcard Zones 5-6 which is 25%ish cheaper...am I right in assuming that this isn't something I could take advantage of with my usual London Bridge/Victoria switch and would instead require a change onto local services at a station such as Bromley South to get round to East Croydon? It'd be handy if I could save myself a bit of cash, but these things are never that simple and I definitely don't want to fall foul of fare policy!
Image (hopefully!) attached for context...