Notwithstanding all the knowledgeable comments about depreciation and the other accountancy matters, of which I choose to remain blissfully ignorant (a by-product of coming from a family of Inland Revenue and Bank of England employees) Cornwall seems destined to receive everyone else's cast-offs in bus terms for the foreseeable future unless Cornwall Council or a university choose to put up some funding for specific services, like Truro park-and-ride, whether those buses originated in London or elsewhere. I'm sure ex-London deckers may not fill the bill at all for all sorts of reasons, especially now that so many see almost 24 hour operation on an individual basis.
As I said, depreciation and suchlike is a foreign language to me, but I read enough to know that a big company like Tesco can, by massaging figures, produce results that are found to be false and, consequently,wipe millions off share value, so I'd be surprised if the major groups had markedly different policies in relation to it. Nothing in this thread has led me to that conclusion, by the way.