THarris123
Established Member
Libras registration for 668 has gone through VOSA. Not the 669 though. Would be nice to think First have it.
Thought I'd have a peek at the One2 on its first weekday of operation yesterday.
When did it start? TravelWest, Traveline and VOSA all say it started on Sunday, but Wessex's own publicity said it started yesterday. Indeed, there was no sign of it on Sunday...
For the first weekday, loadings seemed reasonable, particularly through Henleaze - lunchtime there were about half-dozen on it.
They've rebranded theOne vehicles to have One and One2 on them, although the route description on the side for the One now reads "Bristol City Centre - Henbury - Westbury-on-Trym - Cribbs Causeway" - spot the mistake!
Nice leaflet available on the buses, showing current route and future once they can get in to the Hospital bus station. But it shows the current terminus as Lidl (map) or Southmead Road Southmead Hospital (timetable), both wrong as the terminus is currently Arnside. Their website is better, but shows the section beyond Lidl as dotted on the system map!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Was out walking between Patchway station and the A38 yesterday and saw that ex-First 42703 is parked up with all the Severnside vehicles at the back of the Rolls Royce car park.
(Or is it the SGBC depot?)
Severnside park within the SGBC depot. Must have a walk up that way sometime.
Saw a 1 on Whiteladies Rd heading towards Westbury on Thursday about 4pm virtually empty. Reckon First have the upper hand by some distance
They've rebranded theOne vehicles to have One and One2 on them, although the route description on the side for the One now reads "Bristol City Centre - Henbury - Westbury-on-Trym - Cribbs Causeway" - spot the mistake!
Either Webberbus put through 2 alterations or whoever uploaded the registrations did this one twice.I haven't seen any registration yet for the replacement of 669 in VOSA. I wonder why?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Frome Minbuses have put through a cancellation of X80 in VOSA
Webberbus have put 2 variations through VOSA for 37 from 31/5
CT plus have put through cancellations for 902/4 effective 4/9
I can't wait to see the MMC's on the 902! Might be quite a nice trip actually.
Should be nice down the Portway. These the first deckers scheduled for down there?
I think that VRs ran a Portishead service down there after MAP and the old 99 had Lodekkas. I think some tree loping might be in order!
I couldn't recall anything in the 24 years that I've been visiting Bristol and its environs (though the memory is fallible) but you will know. Possibly not since 1986?
Should be nice down the Portway. These the first deckers scheduled for down there?
I think the old 57 might have been deckers down the portway I'm not too sure. Then there is the odd megabus that goes that way too. But nothing as frequent as the 902.
Are there odd 'empty from/to depot' workings that sometimes use the Portway and M5 to get to/from Cribbs Causeway?
I couldn't recall anything in the 24 years that I've been visiting Bristol and its environs (though the memory is fallible) but you will know. Possibly not since 1986?
I think the old 57 might have been deckers down the portway I'm not too sure. Then there is the odd megabus that goes that way too. But nothing as frequent as the 902.
I don't remember ever seeing any double deckers on that incarnation of the service 57. Only ever saw Leyland Lynx'es on there.
There was of course the old X65 Cribbs Causeway-Westbury & X66 Oldland-Westbury services which were routed via the Portway and Shirehampton. Usually operated by the lovely Leyland Olympians. Good ol' days!
I don't remember ever seeing any double deckers on that incarnation of the service 57. Only ever saw Leyland Lynx'es on there.
Oh and also there was the original X1 to Weston-Super-Mare via Portway and M5. Not sure why that route was ever scrapped.
in the last version of the 57 (previusly x66_ which ran peak hours only, it was often palatine 2 deckers. they usualy interworkedwith the uwe services.
CT Plus seem to have acquired a red MPD, I spotted on from a distance heading past Templegate on Friday PM and then saw another this evening on Bond Street with 904 Bath Road on the blinds.
so it would seem webberbus are no more posted this on the first page but incase people have not seen -
BREAKING: Somerset Council confirms that Webber Bus - the county's second largest bus operator - will cease operating from tomorrow morning due to financial difficulties.
The Council says it will step in to cover dozens of important bus routes tomorrow morning 'at very short notice'.
The company has yet to comment - but one councillor in the area has already called it 'devastating news'.
I'd say devastating for the employees but, longer term, it offers the hope of a more stable network in those areas where it was just creaming off passengers without offering anything innovative. There will be lots of people blaming First of course instead of the more obvious problem of running too many buses in areas that havent got enough traffic to justify them. At least most of their services wont need to be replaced!
Of what I understand, the owner of Webberbus is starting or has started a new company - something like Royal Diamond or Royal Blue? Think it has a coach at the moment.
From http://www.volvobuses.com/bus/uk/en...m.aspx?News.ItemId=151858&News.Language=en-gb
Volvo B11R spins success with WebberBus
by Volvo Bus United Kingdom and Ireland, 5/5/16
![]()
One of the south wests leading coach operators, WebberBus, has taken delivery of two new Volvo B11R Euro 6 coaches as the latest additions to its fleet.
The Bridgwater, Somerset, based company has purchased the new coaches following the experience of their existing B11Rs and has been so pleased with the operational performance, went for the same model when looking to expand the fleet.
Tim Gardner, Managing Director for WebberBus, explains: Weve operated many Volvo vehicles over the last 22 years or so and the most recent model, the B11R, of which we already have two, has proved to be excellent, particularly in terms of the fuel economy which has been very impressive. This performance was a key part of our decision making process to go for Volvo again this time."
<snip>