• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Country Independents

1905 Group

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2015
Messages
126
Location
Bristol
It seems Bugler now have two ALX200 Darts, IIG 7760 and IIG 7761 (VX51 RBY). Anybody know what the original reg of the former is? It has Urban 90 seats and an ISBe engine, and is a shorter one than 7761.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

THarris123

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2014
Messages
2,857
Location
Wells, Somerset
It seems Bugler now have two ALX200 Darts, IIG 7760 and IIG 7761 (VX51 RBY). Anybody know what the original reg of the former is? It has Urban 90 seats and an ISBe engine, and is a shorter one than 7761.

Both have been around for a while - I think 7760 is 51 reg too. They've been around for a while and I think replaced one step dart and the ELC dart. The other step dart is still around at the moment I believe.
 

1905 Group

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2015
Messages
126
Location
Bristol
Both have been around for a while - I think 7760 is 51 reg too. They've been around for a while and I think replaced one step dart and the ELC dart. The other step dart is still around at the moment I believe.

Any idea on original reg of the step Dart (which was BIG 9867 and I caught mid 2015). Must have been one of the last step Darts in use, although First has one for staff movements and closed contracts in Southampton I think.
 

THarris123

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2014
Messages
2,857
Location
Wells, Somerset
Any idea on original reg of the step Dart (which was BIG 9867 and I caught mid 2015). Must have been one of the last step Darts in use, although First has one for staff movements and closed contracts in Southampton I think.

Think it's N reg, might be wrong though.

Southampton has 2 step darts.
 

carlberry

Established Member
Joined
19 Dec 2014
Messages
3,169
any idea on original reg of the step dart (which was big 9867 and i caught mid 2015). Must have been one of the last step darts in use, although first has one for staff movements and closed contracts in southampton i think.

m104ble?
 

DaveHarries

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2011
Messages
2,576
Location
England
While driving from Cribbs Causeway toward the roundabout by Henbury rugby club I saw, heading the other way, a demonstrator on a Service 1 which I think may have been on a Wessex diagram. The bus was a Scania / Euro 6 in demonstrator livery. I couldn't make a note of the registration but hung around on Station Road, Henbury for about 25 minutes in the hope it would come back at around 1940hrs but unfortunately the vehicle that did the 1940hrs from Station Road was a B9TL / Wright so I guess the Scania mus have been on its final run of the day.

HTIOI,
Dave
 

winston270twm

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2012
Messages
1,899
While driving from Cribbs Causeway toward the roundabout by Henbury rugby club I saw, heading the other way, a demonstrator on a Service 1 which I think may have been on a Wessex diagram. The bus was a Scania / Euro 6 in demonstrator livery. I couldn't make a note of the registration but hung around on Station Road, Henbury for about 25 minutes in the hope it would come back at around 1940hrs but unfortunately the vehicle that did the 1940hrs from Station Road was a B9TL / Wright so I guess the Scania mus have been on its final run of the day.

HTIOI,
Dave

Dave,

Would the Scania demonstrator have been this one?

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7317/16332582318_fa4eb6b70c_b.jpg
 

Colly405

Member
Joined
19 Nov 2012
Messages
333
Location
Stoke Gifford
Looking at Traveline and the Wessex site, it looks as though they've had second thoughts on serving Southmead Hospital. The timetables now show the route going through Henleaze, Southmead Rd, Pen Pk Rd, Greystoke Ave to terminate at the Arnside layby (not serving Doncaster Rd). Capacity issues at the Brunel building?

So the First 2 and Wessex 2 will depart Arnside in opposite directions to get to town.

And it is called the One2 on their publicity, not the 2, although Traveline and VOSA have it as the 2.
 
Last edited:

Class 33

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2009
Messages
2,362
While driving from Cribbs Causeway toward the roundabout by Henbury rugby club I saw, heading the other way, a demonstrator on a Service 1 which I think may have been on a Wessex diagram. The bus was a Scania / Euro 6 in demonstrator livery. I couldn't make a note of the registration but hung around on Station Road, Henbury for about 25 minutes in the hope it would come back at around 1940hrs but unfortunately the vehicle that did the 1940hrs from Station Road was a B9TL / Wright so I guess the Scania mus have been on its final run of the day.

HTIOI,
Dave

I just managed to get a ride on one of these this afternoon. Seen it turning it into Union Street and thought "Ah! It's one of those new buses! I'll see if I can get a ride on that!" even though I wasn't planning on getting a bus home(was planning to walk). It was working the 1615 Broadmead-Cribbs Causeway service. Got on and was a bit taken back by the fact that it's a continual uphill slope towards the end of the bus! Comfortable seating though. And nice engine sound. A pleasant little ride as far as Clifton Down. Through the speakers Radio 2 was on with Steve Wright in the Afternoon!(Don't know if having the radio on for passengers is supposed to be a feature of this bus, or perhaps it was just that particular driver who decided to put the radio on).
 

freetoview33

Established Member
Joined
24 May 2009
Messages
3,815
Location
West of England
Looking at Traveline and the Wessex site, it looks as though they've had second thoughts on serving Southmead Hospital. The timetables now show the route going through Henleaze, Southmead Rd, Pen Pk Rd, Greystoke Ave to terminate at the Arnside layby (not serving Doncaster Rd). Capacity issues at the Brunel building?

So the First 2 and Wessex 2 will depart Arnside in opposite directions to get to town.

And it is called the One2 on their publicity, not the 2, although Traveline and VOSA have it as the 2.

The new stops at the hospital will be there soon!
 

BBC

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2016
Messages
419
Some of the shelters are in place...
Looks like there will be 4 shelters. Anyone know whether that is 4 departure stops, or some layover, or...?

4? Looks like 3 to me. I'll have a look tomorrow in my layover.
 

freetoview33

Established Member
Joined
24 May 2009
Messages
3,815
Location
West of England
It is meant to be 2 stops and 2 layover. That were the original plans anyway. Some space will be freed up when the car park shuttle finishes too.
 

Colly405

Member
Joined
19 Nov 2012
Messages
333
Location
Stoke Gifford
4? Looks like 3 to me. I'll have a look tomorrow in my layover.

To me it looks like there are 2 new shelters in place, then between them and the existing stop there is a big gap that looks to have the raised kerb as though it is a further stop.
 

BBC

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2016
Messages
419
To me it looks like there are 2 new shelters in place, then between them and the existing stop there is a big gap that looks to have the raised kerb as though it is a further stop.

Had a look today and you may be right, 4 world be perfect with the 24 going in there.
 

freetoview33

Established Member
Joined
24 May 2009
Messages
3,815
Location
West of England
Looking at the plans again, there are just two stops. I think the current stop will be removed. But the two stops that have been put in will be big enough for two buses to stop at. Then two places for buses to layover just off the main roundabout.

That was the original plan anyway.
 

Marc

Member
Joined
6 Jan 2015
Messages
201
Location
yate
i was given a new timetable for the carmells 88a and 88c services today at a "roadshow" in portalshead. i think i shall call it the broken circle line - around clevedon, portalshead, nailsea, backwell and yatton. layovers are in differents places in each direction and both directions do a 1 way loop around nailsea which goes in to town but never goes back. it will allso run on saturdays rather than just monday to friday.
 
Last edited:

THarris123

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2014
Messages
2,857
Location
Wells, Somerset
Frome Minibuses cancellation of 662/669 just gone through VOSA as of 11/06.

Wonder if we'll see First running it? Would be nice to give some work back to Wells.
 

matt_splat

Member
Joined
19 May 2012
Messages
899

THarris123

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2014
Messages
2,857
Location
Wells, Somerset
libra travel have won the 668 so i have been told

I nearly thought that First would do some sort of loop service going Wells-Shepton-Street-Shipham-Wells. Oh well.

I bet First are kicking themselves for letting Libra take 184 now. They're beginning to grow their operation.

Libra tend to pick up any rubbish that nobody else bids for, so I don't expect anyone really wanted 668. 669 might be different though. Think that Bakers have been looking to withdraw from 668 for a while too - there have been a few rumours heading around for a while.

Be nice if First got 669 - could be interworked with 161. There was a bit of talk around about First operating it so it might be true.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
that i have not been told about i'm sure it wont take long for info to appear online
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
looks like some possible changes ahead in bath maybe first ditching the Bathampton end of the 4 from September......

https://procontract.due-north.com/Advert?advertId=83ab525b-9af5-e511-810f-000c29c9ba21

Do we know what 3 is?

I suspect First will get 42. Think I heard some rumour somewhere about Abus potentially giving up on it.
 

Marc

Member
Joined
6 Jan 2015
Messages
201
Location
yate
I nearly thought that First would do some sort of loop service going Wells-Shepton-Street-Shipham-Wells. Oh well.

they nearly did that with the old 161-669-668 arrangement.

I bet First are kicking themselves for letting Libra take 184 now. They're beginning to grow their operation.

Libra tend to pick up any rubbish that nobody else bids for, so I don't expect anyone really wanted 668. 669 might be different though. Think that Bakers have been looking to withdraw from 668 for a while too - there have been a few rumours heading around for a while.

im amazed by the sucess of libra on the 184 which will only get better wthi the 776 going.

to my knowledge neither bakes or frome minibus wanted to get rid of the 668 and 669 services.

Be nice if First got 669 - could be interworked with 161. There was a bit of talk around about First operating it so it might be true.

i think it will be libra again which is strange as he was trying to sell it in the trade press a few months ago

Do we know what 3 is?

bathampton end of the 4. another stupid route number choise from banes.

I suspect First will get 42. Think I heard some rumour somewhere about Abus potentially giving up on it.

i dont know who feeds you all these rumors about everyone not wanting there work!!
 

THarris123

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2014
Messages
2,857
Location
Wells, Somerset
they nearly did that with the old 161-669-668 arrangement.



im amazed by the sucess of libra on the 184 which will only get better wthi the 776 going.

to my knowledge neither bakes or frome minibus wanted to get rid of the 668 and 669 services.



i think it will be libra again which is strange as he was trying to sell it in the trade press a few months ago



bathampton end of the 4. another stupid route number choise from banes.



i dont know who feeds you all these rumors about everyone not wanting there work!!

Thanks for confirming the 3.

I don't know where these rumours are coming from either - I thought I overheard it somewhere, no element of truth in it at all of course.
 

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Feb 2013
Messages
23,010
Location
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
they nearly did that with the old 161-669-668 arrangement.

im amazed by the sucess of libra on the 184 which will only get better wthi the 776 going.

to my knowledge neither bakes or frome minibus wanted to get rid of the 668 and 669 services.

bathampton end of the 4. another stupid route number choise from banes.

i dont know who feeds you all these rumors about everyone not wanting there work!!

Too much listening to drivers ;)

I'd assumed it was First relinquishing the Bathampton end of the 4 and it being put out to tender. Saves a few drivers on some low margin work.

I'm pretty certain that First weren't kicking themselves too much on the 184. South of Stratton, it didn't take many and it was being run commercially. I'm sure that they're making more on the 174.

And yes, I remember doing the 668/9 when First did it. Think I did 126 from Wells to Cheddar (probably a Dart) then a Merc mini to run via Street to Shepton, and then a 161 with another Dart. :)
 

Top