Nym
Established Member
They are doing a very decent job with Northern, and I'd be happy if they got another franchise. You can't blame Abellio for most of the Northern problems (e.g. the DFT deciding that Birmingham's 150s are in need of replacement before Manchester's Pacers) - they make the most of what they have and run a decent service
Here here, Northern do the best with what the have, and I havn't heard anyone complain about merseyrail in a long time, NT do seem to be putting trains where the're needed, the only problem I have with what they do is putting all the 158s at one side of the country for operational convenience, rather than splitting them between Neville Hill, Newton Heath and Newcastle where they can be used on the most appropriate routes that NT have.
It would be nice to see what kind of Livery comes onto the pendos and voyagers in terms of livery, Abelio / Serco do tend to like a nice plain livery, somthing that I think is missing from this country. A nice lick of paint with some stickers is perfectly good IMO. I do like the newest NT Livery. Either way, it would be nice to give Serco/Abelio somthing else in the country. They do do the best they possibly can