thenorthern
Established Member
- Joined
- 27 May 2013
- Messages
- 4,714
On this forum and on CrossCountry's Twitter I notice people saying that they would rather travel on HSTs than Voyagers with some people even modifying their travel plans to avoid Voyagers.
The main things I note that people don't like the underfloor engine noise, the narrower body, the "smelly toilet" and the fact that voyagers are often shorter than the trains they replaced.
It made me think though was the Design and Introduction of Class 220s and 221s a mistake by Virgin Trains and Bombardier? Some other things I notice about the trains is that the 221s were designed to tilt but CrossCountry disabled this as the amount of track they could tilt on is very little, the trains were full of reliability issues when they were introduced and the trains were meant to have at seat radios but these were disabled and are slowly being removed.
Personally I don't have a problem with Voyagers and I prefer them to the older coaching stock they replaced but I know I am in a minority there.
What does everyone else think?
The main things I note that people don't like the underfloor engine noise, the narrower body, the "smelly toilet" and the fact that voyagers are often shorter than the trains they replaced.
It made me think though was the Design and Introduction of Class 220s and 221s a mistake by Virgin Trains and Bombardier? Some other things I notice about the trains is that the 221s were designed to tilt but CrossCountry disabled this as the amount of track they could tilt on is very little, the trains were full of reliability issues when they were introduced and the trains were meant to have at seat radios but these were disabled and are slowly being removed.
Personally I don't have a problem with Voyagers and I prefer them to the older coaching stock they replaced but I know I am in a minority there.
What does everyone else think?