BeijingDave
Member
- Joined
- 26 Jul 2019
- Messages
- 804
Recently I saw a Great Western network map (1930s, the one on the Wikipedia page) that shows Chester to Manchester via Warrington Bank Quay was part of the Great Western.
I always, rightly or wrongly, assumed that it was an LMS route.
1. Was it a joint route?
2. If it was a Great Western route, did Warrington Bank Quay in fact see more Great Western stopping services in those days than LMS? (effectively making it a GWR rather than LMS station?)
I always, rightly or wrongly, assumed that it was an LMS route.
1. Was it a joint route?
2. If it was a Great Western route, did Warrington Bank Quay in fact see more Great Western stopping services in those days than LMS? (effectively making it a GWR rather than LMS station?)
. Although I've never seen a photo of an LNWR train south of Craven Arms, I presume they ran there, thence onwards by running powers over the GWR to Abergavenny, in order to get to the LNWR Heads of the Valley line to Merthyr etc.