merlodlliw
Established Member
I'll have a look tomorrow, but im sure it is the same as the path that I put up a while back.
It is, two of you put it up, so lets see it again for others.
I'll have a look tomorrow, but im sure it is the same as the path that I put up a while back.
Whilst no news on re drawn National Transport Plan including redoubling line through Gowerton
I think the WAG should address this by making a funding promise for doubling Chester-Wrexham and as soon as that route is doubled, the service will then indefinately run via that way.
I don't think there are any day to day scheduled services that have a loco run around
Surely the existing WAG express has a loco run-round (as it is hauled by a class 57 locomotive, I'll be sad to see 57 haulage go if 67s are to replace them).
I am reading this right, the new service is to run 2 hours behind the present in the same direction!??!?!??!!? I really was hopeing that a 2nd WAG express would leave Holyhead at about 4 or 5pm (same time as the present one leaves Cardiff or a bit later) to provide day trips in the other direction and an afternoon southbound LHCS express.
A cheaper option would be reinstall the 700m curve at Shotton from the high level to the North Wales Coast...
This is a more direct route and involves no reversing, and avoids long single line sections.
Stops in the north, in my view should be:
Holyhead - Bangor - Conwy - Llandudno Jn - Rhyl - Flint -Shotton Interchange - Wrexham - Shrewsbury.
The reduced route would offer time to do those stops.![]()
Chester is worth a few more quid to them. Shotton was looked at years ago if I recall and was binned as costing to much like most things.
there were 2 trains in the morning and two returns in the evening worked by class 47s there was also an unbalanced afternoon train at 1417 from bangor hauled by a class 33 which at the time of the Crewe blockade ran round at Chester and went via Wrexham!..
rumour is that the diagram is going to be a 2 car 175 at least initially,looking forward to having an express service from Bangor in the mornings and I can see this useful train loading well.surprised it is not stopping at Abergavenny on the return to give the busy market town a half hourly evening peak service.
The word in the trade is hired in stock, loco hauled,as a result of Yesterdays press item, my political contacts tell me the midnight oil was burning, and
civil servants are being blamed for misguiding information on the route.
One rumour on another forum is suggesting that the sudden demise of WSMR was to give DB/Arriva additional loco hauled carriages to run this second service. It also suggested that it frees up a slot on the route from Wrexham to Shrewsbury ideal for this service.
wag 2 is confirmed by internal sources as class 175 from may until December and mk3s thereafter,rumours abound however that there will be an additional loco and stock working on the coast with atw this summer,possibly llandudno to manchester .those with an interest in train loadings may like to know that i was on the 1615 ex cardiff tonight and it was full from cardiff to abergavenny and on average 3 out of every 3 seats in standard class were occupied from there on to
llandudno junction with about 60 per cent loading on to bangor where at least 70 passengers alighted (i did not check first class as i had work to do)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
loading should read 3 out of every 4 seats not 3 out of 3..misprint sorry!
Ive also heard that its been squeezed via Wrexham now too, a DB class 6 is likely to be shoved out the way to make it work.
atw contacts are quoted,it appears that the 175 becomes available by juggling diagrams with the reintroduction of an additional 150..i presume one of the on hire to fgw sets?
I was wondering what the ex-FGW 150s would be running on when back in Wales
I theory the on loan ATW 150/2 coming back would have freed up the 158's off the Maesteg to Cheltenham, diagrams, there being 2 of them. Exactly the same number ATW needed to go to Marylebone and us folk in Mid Wales know that would be needed for hourly service on Cambrian main line.
Pinching a 175 to run yet another Holyhead -Cardiff diagram will of course end up with 158's having to fill in on Manchester and Holyhead turns.
Last I heard was the same as Gareth, ATW need the 150s back off FGW to release more 158s for any extra Cambrian services