Wivenswold
Established Member
Is there any reason why the 321 fleet number are being moved slightly higher? Visibility would seem to be the main reason but some have black numbers on a dark grey background.
'best' is a bit relative, I was never particularly keen on those seats, they're alright but nothing compared to the seats on long-distance units. Nonetheless I much prefer being upright.
321311. Doncaster does the refurb, Wolverton does the new traction package.I saw a Greater Anglia class 321 pass through Primrose Hill this evening, which appears to have been travelling from Doncaster to Wolverton. Is this related to refurbishment?
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K96281/2017/06/26/advanced
Does anybody know what the story is with 321312? Took me very much by surprise to see an urefurbished unit with all the vossloh gear underneath...
I suppose the rear unit could be isolated on a 12 car in service in the morning on the UP journey, then return ECS Down back to Ilford thus giving the driver training on it. It would then be in place to do the near-daily training run to Witham.
I would think that AC and DC motored units couldn't both power a multiple consist. The AC units apparently have far greater acceleration. However, happy to be corrected.
Was that 321448 I saw at Doncaster yesterday evening? Looked like the two driving coaches and the trailer coach
The Porterbrook livery it carries is unique I believe. I saw it at Doncaster as well.
Eversholt you mean?
2 Renatus 321s reported to be in service today. Can confirm 321321 is working the 1518 Liverpool Street to Clacton-on-Sea.
I suppose the rear unit could be isolated on a 12 car in service in the morning on the UP journey, then return ECS Down back to Ilford thus giving the driver training on it. It would then be in place to do the near-daily training run to Witham.
I saw it pass Wivenhoe on the 18:48 Liv St to Clacton later in the evening, it was the country unit of 12 car set.2 Renatus 321s reported to be in service today. Can confirm 321321 is working the 1518 Liverpool Street to Clacton-on-Sea.
Huh? I'm pretty sure the driver has to sign all the units in the formation whether they are driving from them or not.