• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Varamis Rail Class 321s & 325s”

ExRes

Established Member
Joined
16 Dec 2012
Messages
8,443
Location
Back in Sussex
The 325's just replaced van carriages and had no staff let aline sorting.

Close run thing at times though, there were a number of occasions at the PRDC when the shutter doors were closed and a postie was still loitering/working inside, fortunately I think they were all rescued before train departure
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

172007

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2021
Messages
1,166
Location
West Mids
Close run thing at times though, there were a number of occasions at the PRDC when the shutter doors were closed and a postie was still loitering/working inside, fortunately I think they were all rescued before train departure
Rofl
 

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2012
Messages
1,939
There was indeed one occasion I know of. The joke among staff was that if the train had left the confines of PRDC, even to the reception sidings, the postie would have faced a conduct code charge of ‘missing from point of duty’
 

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Joined
14 May 2008
Messages
2,999
Location
Cambridge
There was indeed one occasion I know of. The joke among staff was that if the train had left the confines of PRDC, even to the reception sidings, the postie would have faced a conduct code charge of ‘missing from point of duty’
"Your postie was delivered to a neighbour"
 

Jacob Porrett

Established Member
Joined
28 Jan 2022
Messages
1,968
Location
Telford
Am I right in thinking that the 325s were due overhauls with neither Royal Mail or DB wanted to pay for putting them through. The 321s, though stored, may be slightly better in this respect.
You could be right yeah.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I would be surprised , they've been stored in the PRDC since withdrawal where they should be safe from the elements. Unless they were already in a state Pre withdrawal.
Think they weren't far off to be fair.
 

D365

Veteran Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
13,195
Close run thing at times though, there were a number of occasions at the PRDC when the shutter doors were closed and a postie was still loitering/working inside, fortunately I think they were all rescued before train departure
Each of the cargo payloads was/is fitted with smoke detectors and personnel detectors. If a sensor is triggered, this puts a light on in the active cab.

I would be surprised , they've been stored in the PRDC since withdrawal where they should be safe from the elements. Unless they were already in a state Pre withdrawal.
Think they weren't far off to be fair.
I am by no means a structural engineer, but I've never heard it be said that the 325 bodyshells were in poor condition. Especially when compared to certain examples of Class 319 or Class 150/156.
 

Top