• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Upcoming Interrail Sale (Now confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tester

Established Member
Joined
5 Jul 2020
Messages
1,722
Location
Watford
Interesting, where did you do that?
My information is from myinterrail.co.uk, which says.....


The Interrail 25% Black Friday Promotion will run until midnight 28th November 2023
Promotional Passes are exchangeable and refundable once purchased but travel restrictions apply
Travel Restrictions:
For Paper Passes... please ensure the first date of travel you enter at the time of booking is on or before 1st June 2024 checking carefully as Passes will not be allowed a start date after 1st June 2024.
For mPasses... please ensure you activate your Pass on or before 1st June 2024 or your Pass will not be valid


Edited: Looks like I've answered my own question as it says 'at the time of booking', so situation normal - but still suggests that paper passes are an option.
 
Last edited:

ABB125

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2016
Messages
4,346
Location
University of Birmingham
I've bought a discounted pass, via myinterrail.co.uk. However, I'm slightly concerned because I wasn't asked to enter my passport number, which I seem to recall is part of the booking process on interrail.eu. Should I be worried, or will I be able to enter my passport number at a later date?
Thanks
 

rvdborgt

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2022
Messages
2,518
Location
Leuven
I've bought a discounted pass, via myinterrail.co.uk. However, I'm slightly concerned because I wasn't asked to enter my passport number, which I seem to recall is part of the booking process on interrail.eu. Should I be worried, or will I be able to enter my passport number at a later date?
When I start the order process on myinterrail.co.uk and choose a paper pass, then I have to enter a passport number and a start date for the pass.
 

ABB125

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2016
Messages
4,346
Location
University of Birmingham
When I start the order process on myinterrail.co.uk and choose a paper pass, then I have to enter a passport number and a start date for the pass.
I have a mobile pass.
The email with pass number and details has now arrived, and it says I need to add my passport number when I chose the start date. So no problem.

A different question: I have a 10 days in 2 months pass. Does this mean that I can activate the pass on 31 May (just before 1 June deadline), but not actually start travelling until the middle of July?
 

rvdborgt

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2022
Messages
2,518
Location
Leuven

mad_rich

Member
Joined
12 Feb 2013
Messages
592
Location
Newcastle
I have a mobile pass.
The email with pass number and details has now arrived, and it says I need to add my passport number when I chose the start date. So no problem.

A different question: I have a 10 days in 2 months pass. Does this mean that I can activate the pass on 31 May (just before 1 June deadline), but not actually start travelling until the middle of July?
You can do that. Your pass will still only be valid until 30 July. So if you want to do all your travelling in the second half of July, that’s fine.

As I understand it - and there’s considerable confusion, followed by even more ambiguous ‘clarification’ on their own forum - the final date to activate is 1 June.
 

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,856
Did you have to specify a start date?
It worked in the usual way - specify first day of validity. Pass has now arrived and shows as being valid 31/05 to 30/07, in the normal way.
 

jamesontheroad

Established Member
Joined
24 Jan 2009
Messages
2,243
Location
Umeå, Sweden
Had to wait until the final hours of the sale to finally commit. Last year's big Interrail 50 discounts spoiled me... but this year I can just about afford a 15-day continuous global pass. Already starting to daydream...
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,972
Location
Airedale
There's a website allaboard.eu which is advertising (on SM) passes 100% refundable instead of 85%. Anyone know anything about them?
 

mad_rich

Member
Joined
12 Feb 2013
Messages
592
Location
Newcastle
There's a website allaboard.eu which is advertising (on SM) passes 100% refundable instead of 85%. Anyone know anything about them?
At what price?

You can make any pass 100% refundable by paying an extra premium at the time of purchase.
 

Flying Snail

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2006
Messages
2,048
At what price?

You can make any pass 100% refundable by paying an extra premium at the time of purchase.

The one I checked was the same price as from interrail.eu.

However that site is very light on any identifying information, only e-mail and social media contact details, nothing indicating who or where they are. While it isn't as obviously dodgy as some sites selling rail products (such as anything where the word "Ninja" can be found) there are still more than enough red flags that I wouldn't be buying expensive products from there without further verification that it is a legitimate seller.
 

jonchall1971

Member
Joined
27 Apr 2023
Messages
5
Location
Liverpool
Probably much cheaper to administrate.

Decided aftr much deliberation to get a 15 day over 2 months one but plumped for first class at a 30 quid a day if I use all th days plus any supplemtns for Seats/Eurostar/Sleepers
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top