telstarbox
Established Member
Does anyone have any examples of unusual signs on the railway - either the sign itself or the message conveyed?
This one on the up platform at Shenfield has a big question mark marked "Romford" which I assume is to remind drivers if they are calling there.

And at Blankenberge, Belgium there is a wooden manual PIS. This has a series of interchangeable panels (stacked behind the sign itself). I think this is an hourly repeating service at xx.52 hence they haven't put the hour up

This one on the up platform at Shenfield has a big question mark marked "Romford" which I assume is to remind drivers if they are calling there.

And at Blankenberge, Belgium there is a wooden manual PIS. This has a series of interchangeable panels (stacked behind the sign itself). I think this is an hourly repeating service at xx.52 hence they haven't put the hour up


Last edited:

