• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unauthorised use of Euston waiting room

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Joined
4 Feb 2012
Messages
2,411
Location
Glasgow
Pretty sure he (or she) was not intending to travel at all and certainly hadn't bought a ticket. Looks like a squatter to me. Mind you, the state of the place encourages such low life in my opinion.

Taken on Tuesday night while waiting to board the Caley Sleeper. Hope this guy didn't sneak (squeak?) on as well.

Apologies for poor quality images (stills from video shot in poor light).
 

Attachments

  • visitor1.jpg
    visitor1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 539
  • visitor2.jpg
    visitor2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 397
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stut

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
1,924
Wow, when were those walls and skirting last cleaned!
 

Wolfie

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2010
Messages
7,436
Pretty sure he (or she) was not intending to travel at all and certainly hadn't bought a ticket. Looks like a squatter to me. Mind you, the state of the place encourages such low life in my opinion.

Taken on Tuesday night while waiting to board the Caley Sleeper. Hope this guy didn't sneak (squeak?) on as well.

Apologies for poor quality images (stills from video shot in poor light).

Are you sure this wasn't a preview of the staff uniform after the new WCML franchise is let........:D:lol:<D
 

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,531
Location
Taunton or Kent
Reminds me of the Pied piper, and if the health inspector is released into this station, I can see Euston closed for at least weekend engineering (health cleaning) works for cleaning out the whole area.
 

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Joined
4 Feb 2012
Messages
2,411
Location
Glasgow
On second thoughts it might be a proper railway mouse.
Here you can see it
•arriving
•turning round
•waiting
•departing
•stopping at a signal
•entering a tunnel

Small .mov zipped:
 

Attachments

  • mouse.mov.zip
    1,005 KB · Views: 63

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Joined
4 Feb 2012
Messages
2,411
Location
Glasgow
Is it a rat or a mouse?

I'm no expert, but I thought at the time it was a well-fed mouse. There was a group of foreign female students taking pictures of it - interestingly they seemed to find it cute (no standing on the chairs screaming or the like).

I imagine if people thought it was a rat it would have been a different matter.
Big mouse though.
 

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Joined
18 Dec 2009
Messages
1,449
I'd guess it was a well-fed mouse too, but only because some of the rats I've seen in central London are almost the size of small cats! Finsbury Square (even before the human squatters set up camp there) was a particularly bad place for them.
 

philjo

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2009
Messages
3,021
Last time I was at South Kensington there were several running along the circle line platforms!
 

Yew

Established Member
Joined
12 Mar 2011
Messages
7,244
Location
UK
I think i saw one in a deep level tube line once (covent garden maybe?)
 

deltic1989

Established Member
Joined
21 Sep 2010
Messages
1,483
Location
Nottingham
I saw a rat get fried on one of the live rails on the Bakerloo line once. None of the other passengers on the platform seemed bothered by the blue flash, must be a regular occurance.
 

marks87

Established Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
1,658
Location
Dundee
Pretty sure he (or she) was not intending to travel at all and certainly hadn't bought a ticket. Looks like a squatter to me. Mind you, the state of the place encourages such low life in my opinion.

Taken on Tuesday night while waiting to board the Caley Sleeper. Hope this guy didn't sneak (squeak?) on as well.

Apologies for poor quality images (stills from video shot in poor light).
That's nothing - I spotted a mouse in the FC lounge once.

Maybe they were both intending to travel on the Caledonian Squeaker.

No?

Ach, I'll fetch meh coat...
 

NSE

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2010
Messages
1,919
I think i saw one in a deep level tube line once (covent garden maybe?)

Oh mice/rats on the Underground is regular. As a daily user of Oxford Circus, they cover the Central line tracks.
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,938
Location
UK
Pretty sure he (or she) was not intending to travel at all and certainly hadn't bought a ticket.

That's quite an accusation! How do you know the mouse hadn't bought a ticket? :)

I guess the mouse wouldn't want to use EC anytime soon, given how pathetic the cheese board is from the photos.
 

Yew

Established Member
Joined
12 Mar 2011
Messages
7,244
Location
UK
Oh mice/rats on the Underground is regular. As a daily user of Oxford Circus, they cover the Central line tracks.

Im guessing they have never heared of mousetraps then?
 

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
I guess the mouse wouldn't want to use EC anytime soon, given how pathetic the cheese board is from the photos.
Apologies for conflating this thread with another (and those who don't follow that thread are likely to be puzzled), but I can't resist responding . . . . .

Here is the EC FC cheese board offering last night :-
EC Desert or cheese platter 150212.jpg
Yes, you click on the image to make it larger, but still, the cheese does not appear.

@Yew. There are thousands of rats inhabiting the London Underground, as in most other cities. They say you're never more than 5 meters (or is it 10 meters, or 10 feet?) from a rat in London. There's plenty near where I work, though they often just appear as a brief movement in the peripheral field of vision..
 
Last edited:

Firesprite

Member
Joined
22 Dec 2011
Messages
295
Location
Fens
That's quite an accusation! How do you know the mouse hadn't bought a ticket? :)

I guess the mouse wouldn't want to use EC anytime soon, given how pathetic the cheese board is from the photos.

Mice are not that fond of cheese. They prefer chocolate or biscuits instead.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top