Reini
Member
Yesterday morning we arrived in Vienna after our UK trip.
Our flight to London was booked on August 24th from Vienna to London via Düsseldorf. We arrived at Stansted about 30 minutes at 16:00. After our arrival, we went to London Euston where we took the sleeper to Carlisle.
After a short night, we arrived at 4:30 in Carlisle, where I was able to took a photo of a Class 158:
156455 stand next to it:
40145 has arrived the day before and is now waiting to depart from Carlisle:
Before our departure, some different Class 66 passed Carlisle:
After the freight train, our train was shunted to the platform:
The departure has been punctual at 6:16, now we are heading noth to Fort William.
A short stop at Kilmarnock:
Another short stop between Glasgow and Fort William (I forgot the name of the station):
After some hours, the weather was better and even the sun came out:
I have never been on such an impressive line like this:
40145 after we arrived about 60min late in Carlisle:
67007 of the Fort William sleeper:
After our short break in Fort William we were on the move again, back to Carlisle. The steam train from Mallaig is waiting for the signal at Fort William Junction:
Now the WestCoast Mainline Class 57 hauled the train through the Highlands:
A glance back to the "Whistler" 40145:
After a long day, we finally arrived Carlisle at about 00:30:
I would like to thank Neil McDonald who made it possible that we collected and paid the tickets on the train, otherwise we wouldn't be able to join this great tour.
Although it was a very long and exhausting day I enjoyed every second of it!
Part two will follow soon...
Our flight to London was booked on August 24th from Vienna to London via Düsseldorf. We arrived at Stansted about 30 minutes at 16:00. After our arrival, we went to London Euston where we took the sleeper to Carlisle.
After a short night, we arrived at 4:30 in Carlisle, where I was able to took a photo of a Class 158:
156455 stand next to it:
40145 has arrived the day before and is now waiting to depart from Carlisle:
Before our departure, some different Class 66 passed Carlisle:
After the freight train, our train was shunted to the platform:
The departure has been punctual at 6:16, now we are heading noth to Fort William.
A short stop at Kilmarnock:
Another short stop between Glasgow and Fort William (I forgot the name of the station):
After some hours, the weather was better and even the sun came out:
I have never been on such an impressive line like this:
40145 after we arrived about 60min late in Carlisle:
67007 of the Fort William sleeper:
After our short break in Fort William we were on the move again, back to Carlisle. The steam train from Mallaig is waiting for the signal at Fort William Junction:
Now the WestCoast Mainline Class 57 hauled the train through the Highlands:
A glance back to the "Whistler" 40145:
After a long day, we finally arrived Carlisle at about 00:30:
I would like to thank Neil McDonald who made it possible that we collected and paid the tickets on the train, otherwise we wouldn't be able to join this great tour.
Although it was a very long and exhausting day I enjoyed every second of it!
Part two will follow soon...
