It's the broken parking sensors (hopefully I can get these fixed soon) and the Polestar software is a bit buggy. I've had the speakers stop working twice. The software problems are well documented online, some bits fixed and others not.
Nothing about the public charging infrastructure has come as a surprise, on the contrary I've been impressed as I've been comparing to my friend's Fronterra which is a horrible electric vehicle* with almost half the range and 3x slower charging.
*if you have to regularly charge away from home
This afternoon I'm going to do 430 miles (!) with a starting battery of 92%. After 166 miles I'll stop for an hour. There's a convenient car park with 50kW chargers that the hour or so I'm busy should bring me from 19% to ~90%. Then 261 miles with a suggested 18 minute stop adding ~40%, arriving home on ~18%.
I'd want to stop anyway on the 261 mile stretch for a coffee so driving an EV has maybe added 10 minutes to my day. Probably close to none if me or my passenger needs to stop twice as I can do a 10 min charge twice (but this might be a bit more expensive as I have an IONITY Power subscription through Electroverse - so I'd pay more if I charged elsewhere). Google Maps on the car lets you select preferred charging networks it uses when auto planning.
I also don't have a 7kW home charger installed (rental property; I know there are grants available) so for my mileage I hang a granny charger out the window for ~30 hours a week.
First up 430 miles in a day is a lot (7 hours of averaging 61mph). Far more than most people would ever do in a day, probably more than many do in 2 weeks.
Even where we do 240 miles in an evening (circa 4.5 hours of driving due to not being much motorway), that's done enough times that it surpasses the average number of times a UK driver does more than 50 mile long trips.
Yet, guess what, we have a Fronterra, the speed of charge isn't of concern given that we rarely need more than about 20 minutes of charge, the frustration for us is the lack of charging point in the right location to be sure of always being able to do it in one change.
Even this summer where we were away from home for the working week staying in hotels with no charging facilities, and doing some reasonable milage each day, we just ate whilst it charged or took our time buying our lunch stuff for the next day whilst it changed. However, given that "lost" time would have only been sat in a hotel before going to bed, it's no big deal.
That included, driving to Warwick Castle, on to Birmingham City Centre, then Cadbury's World and Alton Towers for two days either side of cycling the Monsal Trail for a day before driving home.
However, in the grand scheme of things, even with such a "horrible" car, charging away from home isn't as big an issue as many fear.
Yes it would have been nice to get a car to be able to do it without needing to charge or only for a few minutes for our regular trips or which gave us a few extra minutes sat in a hotel, but we weren't ready to take the risk with a very high milage car to get the maths to work vs our fuel costs.
Even then we'd have needed to pay the full 4 years of the lease cost, including deposit, up front for it not to have cost us much more - we may have been able to do a 24 month credit card balance transfer to maybe make the numbers work to get a better car for a reasonable extra cost, but as a first EV the risk of that not paying off wasn't something we could justify at the time.
Add to that the Fronterra has a larger boot (+10%), which with kids and often going camping was a key need (yes a Polestar 2 with towbar would win, but that just adds to the complexity of finding the "right" one, which could have also added to the cost, not least needing a trailer too).
That's not to say that you've done the wrong thing for you, just to say that for a lot of people something "horrible" might actually be more than good enough for their needs. Especially if it comes with a lower risk.
For the cost of a Polestar with 100,000 miles you can get a nearly new Fronterra with 1/10th the milage (maybe less) and 7 years of battery warranty second hand.
Some will opt for the safety net others won't (that safety net will include on a lease that if something goes wrong under the warranty the lease company has an interest in that being sorted).
I suspect that if we were looking now we possibly would have done something similar to you, but things have changed in the last 12 months for us and in the prices of EV's.
However, it doesn't change the fact that a slower change speed and smaller battery isn't such an issue as it might appear when you look at the numbers on the page, unless you are someone who does a lot of driving (and probably more than the 12,000 miles a year we do) and you need to cram a few more minutes of stuff into your day (spoiler, unless they are driving for work that's just not the case for most people).