Thank you for the clarification, a PHEV sale is a count towards the ZEV mandate target, is it correct to state each battery non-IC ZEV counts as a 1 percent point, and a PHEV counts as a fraction of percent point, what is the ratio? The worked example of Stellamotors does not show how a 9gm /4.7% reduction in emissions is converted to 4419 points "ZEV2 points.In fact it’s even more broad than just selling PHEVs. Improving the fuel efficiency of existing cars can get you extra credits/points. Quoting from the New Automotive article linked to below:
There is further detail in the article including worked examples.
![]()
Catch-22%: How carmakers can meet UK EV targets without selling more EVs
New briefing shows how carmakers can meet the UK's EV sales targets without having to sell more electric carsnewautomotive.substack.com
If I had a pound for every time I’ve seen people online quote the mandate figure assuming it was an absolute figure manufacturers had to reach I’d be a very rich person.
How many PHEV's to accumulate the same point as a pure battery ZEV?
Last edited:


