So I drive 190 miles home on the M6 & M40 using 78% of charge and because you don't like the answer I am somehow a liar?
I have just come back from a few weeks holiday. I dove 3500 miles in my EV in France, Andorra, Spain & Portugal trouble free cruising at 70, 75 and 80 mph with a fully loaded car, yes an EV. I drove 470 miles across France in a day with 3 charge stops and a few extra comfort breaks. I drove 300 miles over 6 mountain passes in the Pyrenees at up to 2408m with 2 charges. I drove 625 miles from France to Portugal with 4 charge stops and a few extra comfort stops. No I do not own a Tesla or a posh expensive EV.
London to Manchester is easy non stop, but yes I agree in the winter with low temperatures below about 7C it's not as easy but only a fool drives 4-5 hours without a break.
The 500 miles range non stop drive with 5 minute stops is a fantasy for fools. No normal does this even with 2 drivers. I did 625 miles in one go with an EV with sensible stops. An ICE would not have been quicker and honestly those distances in an ICE are beyond anyone's sanity whereas in the EV on 'auto-drive' it's a breeze.
Yes pre-planning is still required in Spain and was for Andorra but UK, France & Portugal it's no longer required.
It cost me 8p/mile on this trip and home charging costs me 1p/mile with Go / Solar.
I agree with everything you say! Although I am evidently a fool, having three times recently done 500 miles with one quick stop for petrol and call of nature. Not something I’m particularly proud of, though.



