Xenophon PCDGS
Veteran Member
Which is the worst aesthetically designed tram that is operated today and which is the most attractive?
I think all second generation trams look good. They are modern and sleek and make the areas they serve look really smart and pleasant.
I think all second generation trams look good. They are modern and sleek and make the areas they serve look really smart and pleasant.
Modern trams look a lot better than modern trains
Yes. The presence of the rails in the street and the overhead wires, and these swift electric vehicles carrying masses of people effortlessly and efficiently around Manchester makes the place seem like a forward-thinking city with an almost continental feel to it.Does that include the T-68s in Manchester?![]()
Blackpool Centenary Cars
Hate Them
Where does modern start in your definition?
Personally, I think modern EuroTrains often look better than UK trains, but that's just my opinion.
Personally, I dont think the Manchester M5000s look that good, really dont suit the colour scheme. But I don't think the appearance of them is what counts - I'd get on a cardboard box on wheels if it got me to college quicker than walking!
For arguments sake, since rail privatisation/ the opening of the Sheffield/Manchester trams - I think most trams since that time look fairly sleek. Trains are getting bulkier/ more awkward/complicated looking.
Oh yes. not seen them before but straight to the top of my ugly list. Stupid name tooThe Bombardier Flexity Outlook in Marseille are pretty ugly,
The EuroDesiro does seem to be getting beefier now with the mainline version
The Berlin and original San Diego trams I think are the same type. The newer San Diego trams are pretty modern Siemens units. Bland but not ugly.the ones in Hannover & San Diego are a bit manky, as are the ancient ones in Berlin
O/t, but I find it hilarious that they've got a 1st class section.True, but have a look at Alstom's answer to the class 153:, as ordered by SNCF, DB and CFL. Can you imagine that turning up on the branches of Britain?
O/t, but I find it hilarious that they've got a 1st class section.
True, but have a look at Alstom's answer to the class 153:, as ordered by SNCF, DB and CFL. Can you imagine that turning up on the branches of Britain?
What is the seating capacity in 1st and 2nd class and the standing capacity in these single units? Do you have any pictures of the interior of them?
They must have something going for them if SNCF, DB and CFL have ordered them.