ModernRailways
Established Member
- Joined
- 21 Apr 2011
- Messages
- 2,184
Didn't they state that the non refurbished units would remain in their current liveries? I mean I don't know how the paint job on 4002 will survive mind its fading away.
I doubt there will be any major work done to the units that are not touched, maybe a new seat cover when the old ones are extremely worn out; One good thing, they won't be getting that awful sorry excuse of a PA anytime soonI've noticed many drivers seem not to turn the PA on on the units that have that awful sound pack on!
I'm assuming the two in the Emirates scheme will be kept as they are also until the deal with Emirates runs out; which will probably be rolling for many years. Question is, if Nexus do want to keep these units hidden in the depot most of the time. Which would be quite hard as we lack the stock, why would they want to sponsor spare stock? Something doesn't really add up there.
The Male PA is pretty much fine now, just a few minor tweaks needed as I've pointed out. Drivers aren't keeping it off deliberately.
No work, other than necessary maintenance, will be carried out on unrefurbished trains. They will, however, be given a full deep clean.
The livery's should be remaining as they are, however it is thought that they'll all be put into PTE livery similar to 4001.
The Emirates livery contract was for a (possibly 2) year(s).
We have enough units to cover the service. We'll still have 90 metrocars, and the 4 unrefurbished sets will still see regular duties. They'll be on Match day specials, Pelaw short services, as well as whenever additional services are needed out on the network (Christmas etc.).