swt class 450
Guest
- Joined
- 9 Apr 2016
- Messages
- 1,909
What do you think are the worst stations in the UK for anti social behaviour? For example lots of chavs and yobs hanging around / lots of vandalism / lots of crimes / etc?
What do you think are the worst stations in the UK for anti social behaviour? For example lots of chavs and yobs hanging around / lots of vandalism / lots of crimes / etc?
Greenbank's improved a lot in recent years. 10 years ago if you'd told me the station would have CIS and a TVM I would have expected them to get vandalised as soon as they were fitted.
Seem to remember a few years back that most of the Lostock Gralam signs fitted to the platform lamp standards appeared as though they had been used as target practice for airgun pellets, don't know if this is still the case?
here is an earlier report:“Groups have been hanging about at the station and, worryingly, on the railway tracks, where they’re consuming alcohol and drugs, and having barbecues - effectively treating what is an extremely dangerous environment like a park.
“They have so far shown a complete disregard for the residents who live nearby, as well as for their own safety. Quite simply, this has to stop.
"Because of the yob culture among the young people, Blaenau has become a dangerous place.
"There are broken bottles on the streets, litter everywhere and the latest craze for these yobs is to tip over walls.
"I simply do not accept that there is nothing for these young people to do.
"They have the Urdd, football teams, a council-run youth club and the leisure centre and they take no interest in them at all. It's just wanton destruction."
Ellesmere Port, Overpool, Little Sutton...
What do you think are the worst stations in the UK for anti social behaviour? For example lots of chavs and yobs hanging around / lots of vandalism / lots of crimes / etc?
And I'd nominate virtually any c2c station. As much as I love the route. I have some interesting things on that line.
Widnes
Brinnington
Flowery Field
Altrincham
I'd not put every c2c station in the same boat. I commuted on the line for several years, and really a lot of it is fine. I'd say Grays was probably the worst station for yobs, then maybe Ockendon, Tilbury Town, then probably Laindon and Basildon. Pitsea station is in a fairly tough area, but I never saw any problems there. Southend Central could be pretty lairy with drunken crowds some nights. Most of the other stations are perfectly fine though!
A man was left with serious facial injuries after a brawl broke out in Worcester park station.
Officers from British Transport Police (BTP) were called to the station at 3.48am on Saturday to reports of a disturbance.
When they arrived they found that a fight had broken out in the station concourse and spilled out into the car park.
One man, in his twenties, suffered serious facial injuries and another man suffered minor injuries, a BTP spokesman said.
A 22-year-old man from Hounslow was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and has been bailed until Monday, December 5.
A 21-year-old man from Epsom was also arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and bailed until Tuesday, December 6.
Central Road was partly closed on Saturday morning as dectectives carried out their investigations.
Probably London Waterloo simply because its the busiest.
In terms for anti-social behavior weighted against passengers numbers I would say Manchester United FC station.