150001 went on a huge tour of the country when new including places sprinters have never operated. I’m fairly certain that St Pancras was used for some of its publicity shots so south MML can be ruled out for never seen a sprinter.
I maybe wrong but I believe the 158’s which transferred a few years back from Scot Rail to Northern (158786 etc) travelled between Haymarket and either Heaton/Neville Hill via the ECML thus covering the Dunbar-Berwick section.A little more obscure....Ely to King’s Lynn ? Weaver Junction to Acton Grange Junction ? Berwick to Dunbar ?
Wasn't there a plan to use class 150s to replace Thumpers at one point? I'm sure I read that somewhere.
Euston had a regular 158 working in the early days of privatisation when North West Trains ran a service.All London termini apart from Waterloo.
All of Kent
I think for the purposes of this thread the wider definition, including the Express Sprinter, is being used.Weren’t 155s and 156s called Super Sprinter when they were introduced? If so, are only 150s actually Sprinters, and therefore many fewer lines have been visited?
I was about to post this- it went under its own power, unlike 150263 which the previous year had travelled through Dover but being towed as part of an exhibition train, along with two BREL International coaches, the class 89, a 90 and a 91 and a couple of wagons with couplers/brake adaptors (and transitional liveries) to marshal the sprinter into the consistEuston had a regular 158 working in the early days of privatisation when North West Trains ran a service.
156502 reached Dover in 1989, where it used the train ferry to cross the Channel and take part in an exhibition in Holland to mark the 150th anniversary of NS
I've been on one in service to Bournemouth (during flooding disruption) , and i think they occasionally go to Bournemouth depot. Plus the Corfe Castle service used one, but between Branksome and Wareham is in with a shout!Was going to say Brockenhurst - Dorchester South, (think they have been to Lymington)
I don't think there was a plan. It was mooted in a magazine at one point that 150/2s would have been desirable to run the Brighton to Ashford service when they first put the CEP trailer coaches in 207101-207103/205205 but there weren't any available.Wasn't there a plan to use class 150s to replace Thumpers at one point? I'm sure I read that somewhere.
I've been into Paddington twice on 150/2s.All London termini apart from Waterloo.
All of Kent
155s went to Oxford.I've been into Paddington twice on 150/2s.
I've been into Paddington twice on 150/2s.
150001 went on a huge tour of the country when new including places sprinters have never operated. I’m fairly certain that St Pancras was used for some of its publicity shots so south MML can be ruled out for never seen a sprinter.
Regularly traversed by the Crosscountry 158s in the mid-nineties to early 2000s.What about the WCML from Lancaster to Carlisle
Regularly traversed by the Crosscountry 158s in the mid-nineties to early 2000s.
158s ran Manchester-Scotland in late BR and VXC days. And plenty of 156s on the Lancaster-Oxenholme stretch.What about the WCML from Lancaster to Carlisle
Pelaw - Sunderland is frequented by 156 and 158s, and Sunderland - South Hylton sees the Network Rail class 950 from time to time.The Metro in Newcastle this is a guess
Weaver Junction - Acton Grange Junction was briefly used by the First North Western Rochdale - Euston service that used 158's.A little more obscure....Ely to King’s Lynn ? Weaver Junction to Acton Grange Junction ? Berwick to Dunbar ?
I've been on one in service to Bournemouth (during flooding disruption) , and i think they occasionally go to Bournemouth depot. Plus the Corfe Castle service used one, but between Branksome and Wareham is in with a shout!
Romford - Upminster?A 156 did a day in service on the Braintree branch and I wouldn't be surprised if one has made it to Clacton at some point, no evidence for the latter just a hunch.
Most of Merseyrail I'd think.
A 156 did make it to Hooton in 2013, as part of an excursion which started at Liverpool Lime Street and went via (IIRC) Warrington, Helsby and Ellesmere Port. On the way back it went via the Halton Curve.Merseyrail lines (excluding Hunt’s Cross, Chester, Bidston, Southport) ?
A 156 did make it to Hooton in 2013, as part of an excursion which started at Liverpool Lime Street and went via (IIRC) Warrington, Helsby and Ellesmere Port. On the way back it went via the Halton Curve.
Berwick to Dunbar has seen 142/143, 150, 156, 158 & 159s regularly over the years.A little more obscure....Ely to King’s Lynn ? Weaver Junction to Acton Grange Junction ? Berwick to Dunbar ?