I'm an occasional lurker on this site, and this thread has made me join purely to ask the OP this question.
Did you amend Gene Pitney's "24 Hours from Tulsa" or Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine's "24 Minutes from Tulse Hill"?
"Holmwood Bound (I wish I was)" by Pull(si)Man
A few, mostly un-tampered:
'Get into my (4) car' - Billy Ocean
'Walk Like an East Grinsteadan' - The Bangles
'Last Train to Clapham' - The Monkeys
'End of the Line' - Travelling Wilburys
'Everything Must Change' - Nina Simone
'Helplessly Hoping' - Crosby Stills and Nash
'Peace Train' - 10,000 Maniacs
'Should I Stay or Should I Go?' - The Clash
'Sitting in Limbo' - Neville Brothers
'Turbo Thumping' - Chumbawumba
'Waiting for a Train' - Mississippi John Hurt
'We Shall Overcome' - Joan Baez
Or by the same artiste, "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover('s Walk)"...
Goodbye Crawley World - Pink Floyd.
Didn't they also do "The (central) Division Bell" ?

Yes, and Canterbury numb.![]()

Widening it to tunes/instrumentals
Bluebell (Railway) Polka - Trad.
"Halt the Line" - Toto
"Fifteen Minutes Late" - Snow Patrol
"Wheels Aren't Turnin'" - REO Cattlewagon
!
You've reminded me of the following songGoing Out [on Strike] by Supergrass...
Unfair by Pavement (which could also be an anthem about the TPE 170 fiasco for the line "The south takes what the north delivers")
This Train [don't carry no guards] by Girls At Our Best.
Beneath the Southern [and very] Cross by Patti Smith.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A Quarter to Three [and I should've been home by seven] by Sleater-Kinney
Oh, and "Waiting Room" by Fugazi.