Euston. Nothing to see at all. Similarly New St.

Cantley, Norfolk, is literally in the shadow of the beet factory. Although fot me it does have a certain industrial beauty.
The thought of Cantley leads me to think of another possible tread, stations with the worst smell! I seem to remember that when the sugar beet plant was working there was a strong sweet sickly smell!![]()
East Midlands Parkway
Green Lane
Belle Vue
Moston
Manchester Piccadilly P14/15 looking at the abandoned building, while ladies of the night ply their trade without hiding the fact.
Being able to sit and stare at other trains for hours on end might be a big plus for many!

Saying that - I don't think there are any platforms where you CAN sit and wait for your train, with those gates and all that....just a mad rush when they are opened.
Are there any platforms there you can turn up and wait - or are we all stuck with the concourse?
Never seen "ladies of the night plying their trade" from Picc P13/14, but I suspect they are there. I do like that slightly dystopian urban decay view from Picc, though, it's sort-of exciting in a way. Though maybe that's because I associate Manchester with really good times when I was at uni.
Can anybody better, if that's the word, the "view" at Warrington Bank Quay of the stunning Unilever works :cry:
When I was a bit younger went for an interview in Warrington and getting off the train wasn't the greatest introduction to a town I've ever had!
NB Clearly you can have a station where one platform overlooks a scrap yard and the other a view down a gorgeous valley. It's the worst view from one platform - just because the other side's nice doesn't even things out!
Also, platforms in tunnels/underground don't count.![]()
Can anybody better, if that's the word, the "view" at Warrington Bank Quay of the stunning Unilever works :cry:
Manchester Piccadilly P14/15 looking at the abandoned building, while ladies of the night ply their trade without hiding the fact.
Any station in Birkenhead ??????
Hayes & Harlington, lots of tower blocks and an industrial estate, including the Nestle factory.
How about we start a subthread for the prettiest? In which case, I vote Dovey Junction as by far the best in the country. Almost total silence, mountains in all directions. Beautiful.
South Hampstead. In a cutting between grubby retaining walls, views of the derelict remains of the mainline platforms, the GC over bridge, and the backs of housing so grotty looking that you probably have to wipe your feet on the mat as you leave.
Hayes & Harlington, lots of tower blocks and an industrial estate, including the Nestle factory.
The entirety of the innersuburban GWML is grim. West London just isn't such a nice place, compared with south west London which really is (and has house prices to match).
Are you referring to Rowley way?
![]()
It's actually a listed building, it's one of those 'interesting' buildings which a lot of people seem to really care about. It's been used on TV and in movies loads and the inside of it was used as a backdrop for one of the best music videos of the year this summer. Even if you don't like the song spend a moment with the video as you can spin the camera around 360 degrees during the song without interrupting it.
Newhaven Harbour Station http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/867280
How about we start a subthread for the prettiest? In which case, I vote Dovey Junction as by far the best in the country. Almost total silence, mountains in all directions. Beautiful.
Dunno what it looks like from the front, but the backside is truly horrendous, and I would bring back the stocks for people who designed that
At the very least a lick of paint might improve things, I know the railway is behind but if I lived in a house overlooking then I'd be chaining myself to the Town Hall gates demanding they pay MY council tax!!! Grrrr.
Hanwell isn't grim. Attractive Great Western station buildings, old style running -in boards, leafy valley of the River Brent, crossed by Brunel's soaring Wharnecliffe Viaduct.