Mcr Warrior
Veteran Member
- Joined
- 8 Jan 2009
- Messages
- 17,296
Belle Vue is anything but.
Belle Vue
Ryder Brow
First one already mentioned upthread by @Merseysider in an earlier post.
Why Ryder Brow though?
Belle Vue is anything but.
Belle Vue
Ryder Brow
Byker, which is definitely not nice and doesn't overly sound it either.
Apart from everything!![]()
Correct. A good example is Glasgow.Most cities had their smelly industry on the east side to spare the gentry, as the prevailing wind in GB is south westerly.
How about Green Lane on Merseyside? I went for a job interview in Tranmere in 1981: as a fresh young student from the cosy South-East, it was quite a culture shock, like stepping into the remains of the Industrial Revolution. Both the station and the area were terrifying, not much greenery on show. I can imagine that the place has probably changed a lot since then.
I didn't get the job, and the most memorable thing about the interview was that the person grilling me was an extremely large man called Mr. Cock.
Admittedly not the prettiest corner of the Derbyshire, but whilst Dove Holes doesn't appear on the front cover of too many Peak District calendars, this dubious "honour" was only awarded on the basis of some one-off Radio Five Live phone-in straw poll almost 20 years ago.Dove Holes - sounds pastoral but has been voted Britain’s ugliest village.
Dove Holes - sounds pastoral but has been voted Britain’s ugliest village.
The famous Wirral micro-climate! Also appears to be teeming with Southern escapees these days.Liverpool and its environs have changed beyond recognition since the early-80s. Much of the Wirral is nicer than a lot of the South East notwithstanding friendlier people. Even the weather isn't that bad - milder as it's coastal and not as much rain as you may think.
Dove Holes - sounds pastoral but has been voted Britain’s ugliest village.
The famous Wirral micro-climate! Also appears to be teeming with Southern escapees these days.
If we can have closed stations, I'll say Brightside, platforms still there, the only difference from when it was open is the shelters have been removed
The famous Wirral micro-climate!
Green Lane is not a pretty station but it is interesting and characterful.How about Green Lane on Merseyside? I went for a job interview in Tranmere in 1981: as a fresh young student from the cosy South-East, it was quite a culture shock, like stepping into the remains of the Industrial Revolution. Both the station and the area were terrifying, not much greenery on show. I can imagine that the place has probably changed a lot since then.
I didn't get the job, and the most memorable thing about the interview was that the person grilling me was an extremely large man called Mr. Cock.
Sandwich isn't as tasty as you imagine it will be. I'm not sure what filling best represents that town.
I'll just nip to the Watercress Line then return via Ham Street and then we've got a decent filling.I like to get a good Deal on my Sandwich!
I'll just nip to the Watercress Line then return via Ham Street and then we've got a decent filling.
I'll just nip to the Watercress Line then return via Ham Street and then we've got a decent filling.