• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Trivia] Platforms Where Trains Pass At 125mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal_gee_man

Member
Joined
28 Oct 2017
Messages
674
I could easily be wrong but I've stood at Grantham and platforms 1 & 2 have fast HSTs running through (no dedicated fast lines) I don't know if that's 125mph fast but they have warning messages, announcements and yellow hatching on narrow parts of the platforms! I'm sure someone with either route knowledge or Google maps can find me a sign to the contrary
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Joined
18 Dec 2012
Messages
19,364
Location
Yorkshire
To be fair, it isn't that easy to judge the speed of passing trains. 185s have a maximum speed of 100mph but linespeed means they pass through Batley and Dewsbury (platform 2 only) at a fair bit less than that. If I didn't know that the linespeed at those locations was lower, I'd probably estimate the speed on non-stoppers to be at (or close to) 100.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top