• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Last thing you ate on a train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,838
Location
West of Andover
A Co-Op Chicken & Bacon sandwich and carrot cake from the little Co-Op just outside Southampton Central.

When on 158882 storming its way towards Romsey the 'long-way' round [via Eastleigh]
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
An M&S Chicken and Bacon sandwich on 158866 from Liverpool Lime Street to Liverpool South Parkway on the 4th.
 

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,983
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
Two dry ricecakes that I grabbed on my way out the door two hours ago, which didn't even touch the sides, and I'm starving!. First stop when I get there is find a Greggs!
 

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,842
Location
Ledbury
About an hour ago ... mmmm
 

Attachments

  • 2015-07-06 18.39.12.jpg
    2015-07-06 18.39.12.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 2015-07-06 18.54.43.jpg
    2015-07-06 18.54.43.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 2015-07-06 19.13.04.jpg
    2015-07-06 19.13.04.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 44

Drogba11CFC

Member
Joined
15 Sep 2009
Messages
941
An egg & cheddar roll, cathedral City mini cheddars and a bag of mini chocolate fingers on a VT weekend first from Manchester to Euston.
 

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,842
Location
Ledbury
And again this morning...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150707_072938.jpg
    IMG_20150707_072938.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 40

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,983
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
Mtogo at Liverpool Central were handing out vouchers for a meal deal for £1.99 this morning. Not many sandwiches left (all the BLTs gone :( ) but I've just eaten a very tasty salmon, cream cheese & cucumber one, washed down with a bottle of Tropicana, and I've got a tub of melon & grapes for tea tonight - too messy to tackle in transit! Very good value, but they won't make any money on it!
 

Drogba11CFC

Member
Joined
15 Sep 2009
Messages
941
Beef & Horseradish sandwich, crisps and chocolate & raspberry sponge in first class on VTEC.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
A Ham and Cheese pasty and an Oasis Summer Fruits on 68009 last Friday on the 12:04 from Leamington to Birmingham Moor Street.
 

MrCub

Member
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
265
Location
SE England
Monday; 12.10 East Midlands Trains dep from Lincoln to Peterborough, although I went only as far as Sleaford.

I had a bought M&S fruit salad and a cup of tea from 'Cafe Express' on the platform. A more miserable and overpriced coffee shop you'd be hard pushed to find.
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
A caramel shortcake on Saturday on a 185 coming home from a railtour I had been on earlier :)
 

507021

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2015
Messages
4,759
Location
Chester
I dined in style on the Isle of Man Railway's dining train last Thursday. As ever the food and service were both excellent
 

cambsy

On Moderation
Joined
6 Oct 2011
Messages
1,113
Tuesday 7th July, had a Ham and Cheese toast on 09.16 Tiverton Parkway to Plymouth FGW HST, then did Pullman dining on the 12.01 Plymouth to London, had Sardines ,Steak and Chocolate Nemesis desert, and 2 Cokes. Very nice meal cooked to the usual high standard, pleasant way to spend couple or so hours.
 

DEE-DE

Member
Joined
25 Oct 2014
Messages
128
Pullman Brunch: Cereal, cooked breakfast and Welsh cakes. Better than the breakfast on the Caledonian Sleeper would've been and enough for breakfast and lunch.
 

185143

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2013
Messages
5,367
A packet of Tesco value custard creams on a pendo Carlisle to Warrington. (Biscuits came from Whitehaven-anyone who can guess why I might have been on the route through Whitehaven?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D)
 

Segedunum

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Joined
22 Dec 2013
Messages
4,754
Location
Up North
Honey mustard chicken pasta, Sweet and salty popcorn, and a Lucozade cloudy lemonade on the 1841 Manchester-Hull on Friday.
 

dave55uk

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2009
Messages
106
Location
Ely, England.
Belly pork dinner followed by apple crumble - in FGW Pullman dining car between Plymouth and Paddington. Very nice too!
 

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
A Twix on a FGW Class 180. It was my first ride on one of these (well, technically second - I had one both ways, eating the Twix on the return) and I found them to be comfortable. The chairs actually leaned back, instead of those horrible ones on the Pendolinos that push your head forward.
 

gazthomas

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2011
Messages
3,466
Location
Llandudno
Last Saturday, 22.22 London Kings Cross to Stevenage - Chicken Shish kebab with extra chilli sauce ;)
 

cactustwirly

Established Member
Joined
10 Apr 2013
Messages
8,424
Location
UK
M&S Pains Aux Chocolat on 2F35 1233 Orpington to Cannon St between London Bridge and Cannon St (SE 376) 18/08
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
Had a most satisfying and huge salad box and a baked potato with chicken and sweetcorn mayo on a Northbound Pendo from Preston on Monday, bought from a takeaway about 10 mins from station. I sadly cant recall the name of it, it was recommended by a Taxi driver and was what they had ready without wating. Wise decision as it happened!
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
I used to make an evening journey from Inverness to Edinburgh on a Fri regularly changing at Perth. At around Dunkeld I would order a chinese for delivery to PTH and consume it on the nearly empty 158 working the 20:02. Sometimes pax would complane, mostly though they wouldnt say anything, unless Id gone for summit stinky!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top