• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Last thing you ate on a train

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC 72100

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2012
Messages
3,851
A pasty on the 16:37 Paignton - Leeds on Saturday.... and very nice it was too!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

47832

Member
Joined
27 Mar 2010
Messages
56
Location
Poole
A very nice roast chicken breast with potatoes and vegetables, followed by cheese and biscuits and a nice bottle of Taylors port on a Virgin Trains service from Carlisle to London Euston.
 

Whistler40145

Established Member
Joined
30 Apr 2010
Messages
6,149
Location
Lancashire
Then there's the rather large bucket of KFC, whilst listening to 20305/20309 at full chat on the return from Skeggy last Saturday!
 

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
A packet of shortbread bickies liberated from the First Class trolley...
 

Abpj17

Member
Joined
5 Jul 2014
Messages
1,012
It's been a long week. Today and Weds I ate dinner on the train (sausage roll and crisps grabbed from Tesco by City TL about 10pm).
 

bnm

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2009
Messages
4,992
Last thing I ate on the train was some delicious belly pork on the FGW Pullman.
 

LowLevel

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2013
Messages
8,926
A ham and cheese sandwich and pork cheese and pickle pie from the Co-op on Norwich station - their local produce is superb.
 

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
A packet of quavers, devoured at the same time as the aforementioned pasta (first post).
 

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,986
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
A home made ham roll and a few squares of chocolate, on the LM from Birmingham to Liverpool South Parkway today. One learns which trains not to expect access to refreshments on!
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,840
Location
West of Andover
A McDonalds McFlurry on a Pacer towards Newcourt

Last drink was some water on the way home, somewhere between Yeovil & Salisbury
 

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,986
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
A few squares of chocolate on the 1430 from Manchester to Hereford today. I had made cheese sandwiches, but they were in my case in the overhead rack as the train was full, being a 2-coacher, so I had to eat my emergency rations out of my handbag!

I'd remembered to extricate my flask of tea before heaving the case onto the rack, so I had something as well as water to keep me hydrated.
 

iainbhx

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2014
Messages
217
A slice of complementary shelf-stable cherry genoa "cake" on Cross Country this morning between New Street and Doncaster. There was no complimentary service on the way back due to overcrowding.
 

507021

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2015
Messages
4,759
Location
Chester
The last time I ate on a train was an Aberdeen Angus burger on a CrossCountry service as part of the £5 meal deal a few days ago. I have to say the burger was really nice and the service was excellent. I'd definitely buy another one the next time I travel with CrossCountry
 

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Joined
14 Jan 2013
Messages
2,588
Location
Leeds
A cup of Earl Grey tea (milk, two sugars) on the 1552 Brighton to Ore service on Thursday. I also had a packet of own brand white chocolate buttons.
 
Last edited:

High Dyke

Established Member
Joined
1 Jan 2013
Messages
5,020
Location
Yellabelly Country
M+S Wensleydale Cheese and Carrot Chutney sarnie on the train home from Edinburgh last Thursday nicely washed down with a bottle of Orkney Brewery - Northern Light.
 
Last edited:

507021

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2015
Messages
4,759
Location
Chester
The last thing I ate on a train (this morning on a Pacer whilst accompanying a friend to catch their train home from Chester) were two bacon sandwiches that I made at home prior to setting off. They were both washed down with a bottle of Pepsi as I couldn't find my flask's lid so I couldn't take any tea with me
 
Last edited:

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
I rarely eat or drink on my regular journey to / from work but had a cheese and marmite roll (made up at home that morning) on the way home yesterday; too busy having the day from hell at work to eat it there.
 

hassaanhc

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
2,225
Location
Southall
Mine is now yesterday. A bag of Kettle crisps (Lightly Salted flavour) while on 171804 between Eridge and East Croydon (1750 to London Bridge).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top