Sun Chariot
Established Member
The North Eastern Railway 1500v DC EE1 electric locomotive number 13, was built prior to any electrification between York and Newcastle - its raison d'etre - and so the locomotive was broken up without turning a wheel in revenue service.
The Rail Operating Group's class 93 - from what I read in the thread on this forum - does seem to be an example of supply the product before demand exists for it.
Other than prototypes, experimentals or trials*, are there any other examples of rail vehicles built before a need.for them?
* I include BR's wagons for the "Milkliner" brief trial service.
The Rail Operating Group's class 93 - from what I read in the thread on this forum - does seem to be an example of supply the product before demand exists for it.
Other than prototypes, experimentals or trials*, are there any other examples of rail vehicles built before a need.for them?
* I include BR's wagons for the "Milkliner" brief trial service.
Last edited: