Martin S Heron
Member
- Joined
- 26 Jul 2016
- Messages
- 35
Enfield Town & Enfield Chase
Cardiff Central and Cardiff Bay,
Heath High Level and Heath Low Level,
Blackpool North and Blackpool South, Burnley Central and Burnley Manchester Road,
New Mills Central and New Mills Newtown,
Dorking and Dorking Deedeepdene,
Reddish North and Reddish South,
Marple and Rose Hill Marple,
St Budeaux Ferry Road and St Budeaux Victoria Road is another one.
Beckenham junction and New Beckenham- there used to be a twice a day sort of 'Parliamentary'but I am sure they went a couple of timetable changes ago.
I was looking at the services through there a couple of months ago. There's something like two in the very late evening/early hours both from Charing Cross running straight through en route to Tunbridge Wells. Nothing stopping though. Also, I'd suggest East and West Croydon. The nature of the town centre means it's not the quickest walk, but it's a sensible distance. I'd also suggest Purley Oaks and Sanderstead.
It's quicker between the two central Croydon stations now due to the existence of the exit on the East Croydon overbridge. I reckon you could do it in under 10 with a following wind.
I can attest to Purley Oaks and Sanderstead as they're my joint local stations.
My contribution though is...Carshalton and Carshalton Beeches.
Are there not still a couple of Salford reversals that serve Picc then Vic (or vice versa)? Or are we looking at direct connections only?
Regarding Beckenham Junction - New Beckenham, it is possible to travel on a direct train between both when the Mid Kent Railway southbound towards Hayes is closed for engineering works, with trains diverted from New Beckenham to Beckenham Junction.
Furthermore, you can also travel between both stations on a direct train without stopping when there are engineering works between Lewisham or Hither Green and Chislehurst Junction (where the South Eastern Railway crosses the London, Chatham, & Dover Railway).
In East London, you have two pairs very close to each other (and in fact, both are recognised out-of-station interchanges).
On TfL Rail, there's Forest Gate which is about 300m from Wanstead Park on the Overground GOBLin, and the next stop eastbound on TfL Rail is Manor Park, which is 500m from the next stop eastbound on the GOBLin, Woodgrange Park.
Coryton and Radyr may not be far as the crow flies but they are miles apart by road and divided by the River Taf.
But you can walk between the two very easily. There's a footbridge over the river.
And the OP did specify walk, not drive.
ps just looked up the route I walked on google maps and it's less than a mile, I did it in about 20 mins at a leisurely pace.
Wakefield.