Two more, which haven't been mentioned (that I can see from a brief skim back through the thread):
Goombay Dance Band - Seven Tears
Nizlopi - JCB Song (I think that may have been a UK Christmas Number One)
On reflection, they probably haven't been mentioned because people were trying to forget them!
Goombay Dance Band - Seven Tears
Nizlopi - JCB Song (I think that may have been a UK Christmas Number One)
On reflection, they probably haven't been mentioned because people were trying to forget them!
), you are spot on with the date, as he and the Tornados were at their peak in 1962, the Kings' last year. Heinz Burt, and to an extent the entire Tornados setup, were the creation of producer Joe Meek, and appear on most of his material recorded in the infamous upper flat on Holloway Road in London, which I still look out for when passing and have pointed out to a couple of music aficionados. So not a one-hit-wonder at all. Regarding Eastleigh, I believe he was born in Germany in WW2, his father was killed, and his family took up with a British occupation soldier and moved to Britain when he was very young. If from Eastleigh his step-father might have even been railway staff, doing National Service.