VauxhallNova
Member
88% PPM today and just 1% cancelled. Has rest day working been agreed?
88% PPM today and just 1% cancelled. Has rest day working been agreed?
Given TPE currently list 17 cancellations and don't run anywhere near 1700 trains per day I can't see that figure is correct.88% PPM today and just 1% cancelled. Has rest day working been agreed?
Way too many 3-car services out today. If anybody says they're all down to technical faults, I'll dispute them.
No excuse for this under the current slightly reduced timetable.
Reduced lease rental costs if calculated on a mileage basis?With TPE having so much stock, it's difficult to justify why they'd be putting 3 cars out alone.
It's ludicrous. And the 17 cancelled has now risen to 20 so that means at keasr 3 more on the day cancellations.On the day performance statistics don't include trains cancelled last night, which I agree can give a misleading figure.
You might not have noticed a reduction in cancellations, but there certainly has been one.
I strongly suspect that’s 1% of all trains that hadn’t already been axed by 22:00 cancelled.Given TPE currently list 17 cancellations and don't run anywhere near 1700 trains per day I can't see that figure is correct.
Way too many 3-car services out today. If anybody says they're all down to technical faults, I'll dispute them.
No excuse for this under the current slightly reduced timetable.
Timetables are actually increasing with changes to crew rostering.When the December timetable comes out, will TPE be running fewer trains but therefore fewer cancellations to account for the lack of staff? I'd prefer trains to run less frequently but be far more reliable and keep to the scheduled timetable.
let me correct that for youTraincrew at most* depots are reducing their knowledge in order to simplify what each depot does on a daily basis.
let me correct that for you
traincrew at *most* depots are having their knowledge taken off them in order to simplify what each depot does on a daily basis
bad, bad. bad idea……. you only need to read through this entire thread to see the folly of that statement And the multitude of problems it causes. But to sum up loss of route knowledge means depots cannot cross cover, forces trains to utilise multiple crews and leaves the service wide open for disruption where crews are missing due to not being allocated and mo spare cover available or where crews are delayed elsewhere. It doesn’t simplify anything, it makes rostering far more difficult and is contributing significantly to the mass of cancellations every day.
the simple fact is its cheaper, they can apparently get more work out of less crews by doing it this way - as one company director has stated to me directly - and as long as P Coded trains don't count towards the performance stats and theres no penalties incurred then there’s no incentive to run the service but the company still earns the income. To hell with the passengers that need and rely on the service!
This is the big problem. I noted a couple of daily newspapers recently picked up the issue. P codes are a nonsense, or at least are being made so. Just how many trains could a TOC can over how long before government felt they weren't due their performance bonus! Let alone penalties.as long as P Coded trains don't count towards the performance stats and theres no penalties incurred then there’s no incentive to run the service but the company still earns the income. To hell with the passengers that need and rely on the service!
I suspect the government are fully behind this.This is the big problem. I noted a couple of daily newspapers recently picked up the issue. P codes are a nonsense, or at least are being made so. Just how many trains could a TOC can over how long before government felt they weren't due their performance bonus! Let alone penalties.
Its a view I have had for a while, I think they are getting paid for not running anything like a proper service (think of stronger words here if you know what I mean...),Clearly First Group needs to be relieved of the TOC in that case. If they deliberately refuse to run the railway, they need to be gone.
the simple fact is its cheaper, they can apparently get more work out of less crews by doing it this way - as one company director has stated to me directly
As do I. Which would raise the issue of proper use of public funds!I suspect the government are fully behind this.
Loss of route knowledge, big big big mistake. Its time someone took First group to task over this issue.
They already have. It still doesn't work.Is there anything preventing TPE, or for that matter Northern, implementing a vaguely workable emergency timetable, as Avanti have done? (though they were having trouble with even that on Saturday...)
They already have. It still doesn't work.
On South Pennine it's a random service. Probably not possible to find a bookie to place a bet with but there are so many permutations of totally unreliable that most former regular users have all but given up even occasional journeys.Is there anything preventing TPE, or for that matter Northern, implementing a vaguely workable emergency timetable, as Avanti have done? (though they were having trouble with even that on Saturday...)

This Government isn’t anti railway