brad465
Veteran Member
How far off is the OHLE going live from Church Fenton to at least Micklefield? I assume all that's needed is for the last bit through Church Fenton under the new bridge to be installed then it's ready.
Thanks for the clarification. I live nowhere near the TRU area but I find the upgrade extremely interesting.They were installed last weekend, in darkness over Saturday night, hence perhaps why no videos of them being installed.
How far off is the OHLE going live from Church Fenton to at least Micklefield? I assume all that's needed is for the last bit through Church Fenton under the new bridge to be installed then it's ready.
Thanks for confirming, I'm guessing some headway on the Micklefield-Neville Hill wires will be made during a couple of upcoming weekend closures through there.Once Church Fenton is done and the gap in wires filled I believe Testing/commissioning for Church Fenton - Micklefield wires is due for December
Imagine Micklefield - Neville Hill East to follow shortly after as most of that is almost complete. Just 3 miles of wires to fit all structures/steelwork already up.
Remaining gap will be Neville Hill area which will stay like that until that gets remodelled
On track with Tim is now updated showing all last weekendsThanks for the clarification. I live nowhere near the TRU area but I find the upgrade extremely interesting.
Is that part going to be upgraded to 125mph then?Once Church Fenton is done and the gap in wires filled I believe Testing/commissioning for Church Fenton - Micklefield wires is due for December
Imagine Micklefield - Neville Hill East to follow shortly after as most of that is almost complete. Just 3 miles of wires to fit all structures/steelwork already up.
Remaining gap will be Neville Hill area which will stay like that until that gets remodelled
Thanks!East of Stalybridge to Heaton Lodge and Huddersfield to Lockwood, no access to Marsden.
A link to the 42 minute long video for those who want it.On track with Tim is now updated showing all last weekends
work and a summary of the 16 day blockade.
The old part of the A62 bridge is still there.
The new staircases and footbridge at Deighton have been installed.
I'm sure I've seen gaps in the steelwork between Cross Gates and Micklefield, but can't remember where. Not in the office again until Monday, but will have a look. When you're on the train it's difficult to see which wires are up, but missing masts are fairly obvious.Once Church Fenton is done and the gap in wires filled I believe Testing/commissioning for Church Fenton - Micklefield wires is due for December
Imagine Micklefield - Neville Hill East to follow shortly after as most of that is almost complete. Just 3 miles of wires to fit all structures/steelwork already up.
Remaining gap will be Neville Hill area which will stay like that until that gets remodelled
Thanks for this update, I noticed the work on those sidings this week, but wasn't sure why. What services could turn around there?Just to add, and not really part of TRU, but stove-pipe attachments for OHL cantilevers are now installed on the Rochdale lines from Brownlee St to Miles Platting and beyond.
These will be for the new EMU sidings for terminating eastbound services, rather than in the station platforms at Victoria.
There are still some masts and wall fixings to go up, but mostly it is additions to the existing gantries which span all 4 tracks east of Manchester Victoria.
I should be in Friday I'll take a look. I'm sure last time I checked there wasn't any.I'm sure I've seen gaps in the steelwork between Cross Gates and Micklefield, but can't remember where. Not in the office again until Monday, but will have a look. When you're on the train it's difficult to see which wires are up, but missing masts are fairly obvious.
I believe it's to enable a new Northern timetable that splits quite a few services at Manchester Victoria, with them running off into the West Sidings or the new Brewery Sidings rather than taking up platform space.Thanks for this update, I noticed the work on those sidings this week, but wasn't sure why. What services could turn around there?