Is the future of our railways in the form of tram-trains. I mean for example we have lost the oldham loop to trams. We will be shortly losing Sheffield to Rotherham to tram trains. Is this sort of rail format the future?
Do we envisage the future as heavy rail trunk routes with branch lines and suburban networks being turned into tram-trains?
I personally don't like trams, but I guess with moving times, the railways do need updating, but is it likely that this sort of rail transport will be our future. I'm not sure if I could personally welcome this sort of drastic change in what I see as railways.
Do we envisage the future as heavy rail trunk routes with branch lines and suburban networks being turned into tram-trains?
I personally don't like trams, but I guess with moving times, the railways do need updating, but is it likely that this sort of rail transport will be our future. I'm not sure if I could personally welcome this sort of drastic change in what I see as railways.