EbbwJunction1
Established Member
Another occasion where an emergency stop may or may not have been possible was when there used to be a non-stop Fridays Only Cardiff Central to London Paddington service in the (I think) late 1970s / early 1980s.
It left Central at around 4.20pm, a few minutes before the normal service at around 4.25pm. I would often see people running for it on the platform to be stopped by staff telling them that it was the non-stop service and that they should wait a few minutes for the stopping service if they didn't want to go straight to Paddington. I'm sure, though, that there were plenty of people who did get on the first service by mistake, although I'm not sure what used to happen to them.
It left Central at around 4.20pm, a few minutes before the normal service at around 4.25pm. I would often see people running for it on the platform to be stopped by staff telling them that it was the non-stop service and that they should wait a few minutes for the stopping service if they didn't want to go straight to Paddington. I'm sure, though, that there were plenty of people who did get on the first service by mistake, although I'm not sure what used to happen to them.