• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainline charging two advance amendments for one change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
Joined
29 Sep 2016
Messages
3,414
I thought you would all like to hear Trainline's most recent response:



There are so many problems in here that it is hard to know where to begin...

I will now be making a complaint, which is laughable given the cost to Trainline in dealing with it. But, out of interest, where can I go if Trainline's intransigence gets the better of them? They are not listed as one of the Rail Ombudsman's participating service providers – is there another industry body I can appeal to?
What they say is, of course, correct. It's just not relevant.
I'd try speaking to a person on the phone rather than emailing. They're much more likely to know what you're on about.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Might be worth contacting Barry Doe from Rail Magazine. This is the sort of thing that needs exposing in his column.
 

David Goddard

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2011
Messages
1,515
Location
Ely
I would also strongly advise encouraging your work to change their "preferred booking site" to that of a train operating company rather than a third party retailer who is more expensive due to its fees.

Too many individuals and organisations became brainwashed by this company's advertising, being led to believe they offer better deals.
 

Deafdoggie

Established Member
Joined
29 Sep 2016
Messages
3,414
I would also strongly advise encouraging your work to change their "preferred booking site" to that of a train operating company rather than a third party retailer who is more expensive due to its fees.

Too many individuals and organisations became brainwashed by this company's advertising, being led to believe they offer better deals.
For a company it's cheaper to book with Trainline than a TOC. Too many forum members are brainwashed into thinking Trainline is bad.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
@125Spotter did you get an update?

Also did you contact Barry Doe?

In future I would recommend booking with a retailer which charges only one fee for the entire transaction, rather than on a per ticket basis. The retailer I use does this.
 

AdamWW

Established Member
Joined
6 Nov 2012
Messages
5,999
For a company it's cheaper to book with Trainline than a TOC. Too many forum members are brainwashed into thinking Trainline is bad.

Well I've been "brainwashed" into thinking they're bad by the way they claim you can save lots of money by using Trainline when in fact all they're doing is showing the difference between advance and walk-up ticket prices (and then adding on fees that other sellers don't).

That and the way that in the early days when they could only offer ticket on departure at Virgin operated stations they would lie and say that other stations had no ticket collection facilities even where they did, you just had to buy the ticket from the appropriate company.

While brainwashing is perhaps too strong a term, I've seen lots of people waste their money on Trainline because they saw the adverts and didn't know any better.

I didn't know they offered corporate discounts not available from TOCs though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top