Clarabella31
Member
- Joined
- 8 Nov 2018
- Messages
- 34
I was the morning of 30thAlso waiting from the afternoon of 28th November. Is everyone waiting from this date?
I was the morning of 30thAlso waiting from the afternoon of 28th November. Is everyone waiting from this date?
Ditto. Getting really impatient waiting now!I was the morning of 30th
Level 2 is GCSE Grade C equivalent.And I've had another email asking me to bring exam certificates for English, Maths and ICT to level 2.... No one has asked for certificates in years. What is "level 2" anyway?? And what is ICT, is it like IT? I will just bring all my certificates anyway, if I can find them. The email does say that whether you have level 2 in these subjects or not doesn't affect whether you will progress to the next stage but as it's part of an apprenticeship (which I didn't know) they will need to provide you with the training at some point if you don't already have them.
Some advice for you all to take or leave...this is easy for me to say but I do speak from experience.
Getting frustrated and checking your emails 100 times a day will do you no good at all. Trust me, I’ve been there, and when it all amounted to nothing in the end it made it more painful as I had gotten very worked up throughout the process. I’m fortunate to be where I want to be now but in previous recruitments I was far too keen and it just made it worse.
I’m not saying that you shouldn’t get excited of course, but don’t fall into the trap of this being the only thing you think about. EMT will get back to you eventually. Try to find distractions, limit your email checking, get on with your life, try to accept that you can’t speed this process up no matter how hard you want to. It will also make it easier if you don’t get the result you want. That said, I do hope you all get what you want from this process!
Thanks for the advice Heedfan and yes in an ideal world you're correct, however my work commitments mean that I need to know one way or anotherSome advice for you all to take or leave...this is easy for me to say but I do speak from experience.
Getting frustrated and checking your emails 100 times a day will do you no good at all. Trust me, I’ve been there, and when it all amounted to nothing in the end it made it more painful as I had gotten very worked up throughout the process. I’m fortunate to be where I want to be now but in previous recruitments I was far too keen and it just made it worse.
I’m not saying that you shouldn’t get excited of course, but don’t fall into the trap of this being the only thing you think about. EMT will get back to you eventually. Try to find distractions, limit your email checking, get on with your life, try to accept that you can’t speed this process up no matter how hard you want to. It will also make it easier if you don’t get the result you want. That said, I do hope you all get what you want from this process!
Level 2 is GCSE Grade C equivalent.
What makes you think that?I think they have a day on the 18th aswell actually
I thought I read it on the original job post, I could be wrong though it’s been a very long 2 months lolWhat makes you think that?
Oh yes my badI thought I read it on the original job post, I could be wrong though it’s been a very long 2 months lol
, I have just received this. Thought some people had already received there results?Just got an email:
Good Morning,
Apologies for the delay in getting your Stage 1 results to you, we are just waiting on some final information before we can release them. I hope to have the results over to you in the next week. I am aware the next step that was advertised for successful candidates was the assessment day on Monday 17th December but we will be running another date in January for anyone that passed the testing. Apologies for the delay and I hope to have some news for you soon.
The Recruitment Team
East Midlands Trains
Yeah some people have had confirmation of success and will be attending the 17th.I have just received this. Thought some people had already received there results?
Just done the maths, English and personality tests. Don’t know about anyone else but I found it harder then the tests we’ve already completed![]()
![]()
Sorry I'm a bit lost here. When are the Maths and English test?Really? Eeek. Now I'm worried! I'm planning to do mine tonight, giving me tomorrow night to finish if I don't manage it tonight. Waiting to see if my work's IT department can lend me a mouse, if not I'll be making a stop at Tesco or Argos on my way home.
I'm glad the people who haven't had their results yet have at least had some sort of e-mail. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!
Just got an email:
Good Morning,
Apologies for the delay in getting your Stage 1 results to you, we are just waiting on some final information before we can release them. I hope to have the results over to you in the next week. I am aware the next step that was advertised for successful candidates was the assessment day on Monday 17th December but we will be running another date in January for anyone that passed the testing. Apologies for the delay and I hope to have some news for you soon.
The Recruitment Team
East Midlands Trains
No they just sent it randomly.Did you send them an email chasing it up? I’ve still not had anything including this email.
Busyboy89 were these like GCSE questions? Better having a refresher before you try them? Just asking for future reference. CheersJust done the maths, English and personality tests. Don’t know about anyone else but I found it harder then the tests we’ve already completed![]()
![]()
I sent an email first thing this morning chasing it up. I don't know if the reply is anything to do with that or whether it's just a coincidence. I must admit though I was getting a tad frustrated as I can't put holidays in at work and needed to know so I could cover my studentDid you send them an email chasing it up? I’ve still not had anything including this email.