startingaparty
Member
- Joined
- 19 Apr 2018
- Messages
- 207
Hello. I'll try and keep this as short as possible but it's quite complex...
Thank you!
- I have a Weekly Season Ticket from Buckshaw Parkway to Manchester.
- On Saturday 26th January, I attempted to board the 18:26 Transpennine Express service from Manchester Piccadilly to Preston, where I intended to change and get the last Northern Rail Replacement Bus to Buckshaw Parkway (what the Northern website told me to do).
- The 18:26 service was too full and the staff on the platform refused to let anyone else on board.
- I spoke to a member of staff at the platform about my situation and they said I needed to speak to a member of Northern staff. They didn't know where I could find one.
- I went to the main ticketing office at Piccadilly and they said there's nothing they can do because they're from Virgin Trains.
- I then went to the information counter and the lady said I'd have to contact Northern and suggested I get the 19:26 train to Preston and "make my own way home" from there, which I did.
- I arrived at Preston and booked a taxi back home which cost me £16 exactly. I obtained a receipt.
Thank you!
Last edited:
