rAishwarya
New Member
Hi everyone,
I am looking for advice on how a train operating company (TOC) typically handles an investigation into manual expense receipts submitted for service disruptions.
The Situation:
I received an email from an investigator stating they are manually reviewing a handful of manual receipts I submitted over the last few months. They mentioned they are contacting the third party to verify them.
The receipts are genuine but I was given by a local taxi driver who used other taxi non genuine receipts. I have a completely clean record and have never been stopped for fare evasion or anything similar before.
My Goal:
I want to resolve this privately. I want to avoid court, avoid a criminal record, and protect my background check. I have the funds available to immediately repay the money paid out to me along with any administrative/investigative costs the TOC asks for.
My Questions:
I am looking for advice on how a train operating company (TOC) typically handles an investigation into manual expense receipts submitted for service disruptions.
The Situation:
I received an email from an investigator stating they are manually reviewing a handful of manual receipts I submitted over the last few months. They mentioned they are contacting the third party to verify them.
The receipts are genuine but I was given by a local taxi driver who used other taxi non genuine receipts. I have a completely clean record and have never been stopped for fare evasion or anything similar before.
My Goal:
I want to resolve this privately. I want to avoid court, avoid a criminal record, and protect my background check. I have the funds available to immediately repay the money paid out to me along with any administrative/investigative costs the TOC asks for.
My Questions:
- If I reply politely, take responsibility for the discrepancies, and offer to immediately repay the money + costs, what are the realistic chances they will offer an out-of-court administrative settlement rather than prosecuting?
- Does anyone have experience with how the major operators handle offenses for such fake disruption claims of this value?
- Should I handle the communication directly myself using a cooperative email, or am I safer hiring a specialist solicitor to negotiate the settlement for me?