davetheguard
Established Member
- Joined
- 10 Apr 2013
- Messages
- 1,939
Having just returned from my first journey along the superbly scenic Cambrian Coast Line for about thirty years (why did I leave it so long?), thoughts turned to current developments in Wales.
Is the proposed hourly frequency to Aberystwyth still on the cards, and if so, when is it expected to start? The new loop at Dovey Junction was looking very rusty, although the redoubled Fron to Welshpool section looks like it has had some use.
I know that the main line from Swansea to Llanelli has now also been redoubled and in regular use, but the other major redoubling project seems to have gone very quiet: Wrexham to Chester. Does anyone know if physical work has started yet?
Then there's the new station at Energlyn north of Caerphilly, South Wales re-signalling, and the associated extra passing loop in the Valleys to permit a doubling of frequency to Merthyr.
Does anyone have the latest news on any of these Welsh projects, or of any that I've missed out?
Is the proposed hourly frequency to Aberystwyth still on the cards, and if so, when is it expected to start? The new loop at Dovey Junction was looking very rusty, although the redoubled Fron to Welshpool section looks like it has had some use.
I know that the main line from Swansea to Llanelli has now also been redoubled and in regular use, but the other major redoubling project seems to have gone very quiet: Wrexham to Chester. Does anyone know if physical work has started yet?
Then there's the new station at Energlyn north of Caerphilly, South Wales re-signalling, and the associated extra passing loop in the Valleys to permit a doubling of frequency to Merthyr.
Does anyone have the latest news on any of these Welsh projects, or of any that I've missed out?
