I'm looking forward to the new Intercity trains for the Scottish routes. The 185/350s are commuter trains and not suitable for the long distance routes to Scotland. Intercity trains should have doors at the ends of the coach with an internal door to get into the saloon. Nobody wants to be stuck next to a door on a 3hr journey, especially when it's cold outside. Intercity trains should have bigger comfier seats ideally aligned with windows (185/350s have horrible hard thin seats). Carpet should be full width and possibly extending up as far as the windows. Ideally armrests should be soft. The lack of soft furnishings gives the 350s a cold 'commuter train' feel to them. Ideally all windows should have curtains or blinds. All seats should have power sockets. Hopefully they will put first class exclusively in an end coach and NOT have standard class either side, this is annoying for both standard and first class passengers. A small kitchen, even a voyager style microwave, would be a huge inprovement! When travelling to Manchester airport from Scotland I find the 350s so bad that I now travel with Virgin and change at either Warrington or Preston. I know I'm not the only person who does this. It's about time these routes had proper intercity trains to compete with Virgin.