tiptoptaff
Established Member
- Joined
- 15 Feb 2013
- Messages
- 3,227
Nothing "boring" about tank engines
Paighton to Kingswear Line will have a S160 by then.
I know they haveThey have done it just to annoy you.
The Mid Hants one was sold on, but I’m not sure where it actually ended up. It was USATC number 3278, but also known as 701 named Franklin D Roosevelt. Was it the first S160 preserved in this country? I seem to remember it came from Greece along with the 2-10-0 WD 90775 (601 Sturdee now at the North Norfolk Railway).That is a big loco, do they or did they used to have and maybe still do, these locos on the North York Moors and Mid Hants Railways ?
Watched one on YouTube, gosh that’s loud. Think I’ll have to video as well as taking picturesAnd they’re extremely loud.![]()
I think the American diesels are even louder, I saw a video of one running next to an American steam engine and they both tooted the diesel's horn blaster was louder.Watched one on YouTube, gosh that’s loud. Think I’ll have to video as well as taking pictures
Plenty of diesel hauled freight in Devon then
Making up for no steam, in the hope we don’t see a Torbay express 2019 thread next yearWhat relevance does that have to the Torbay Express?
Oh I think you willMaking up for no steam, in the hope we don’t see a Torbay express 2019 thread next year
That’s niceOh I think you will![]()
As Mrs Brown likes to sayThat’s nice
I’m surprised that there’s only one in August